• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I ended up getting both, from a great member, here. Both are great little pistols. Now, if it will only warm up a tad... Thanks Daddysurus:thumbsup:

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    Congratulations on taking that first step! I received my C&R a couple years ago. Luckily, I don't have to worry about my wife getting annoyed at me growing the collection. She loves the old milsurps as much as me. She filled out the paperwork earlier this week and will soon have her own C&R.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Well, I just put my C&R papers in the mail last week (2/18). Started the HQL process 2/20, let's see which one comes through first!

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I shot both of them today. They seemed to shoot high. At 50ft. the CZ82 shot approx. 3-4" high. The Mac. seemed to be even higher. Is this common? The ammo was good quality PPU.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Well, it seems ATF did hit my credit card on Feb 24 - MD is still sitting at "Unchecked" for everything on the HQL beyond the payment and the mental health check.

I'm betting I have a C&R long before an HQL.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I started my HQL process right after Thanksgiving and it took three and a half weeks. I just got my C&R in the mail this afternoon and it took exactly 28 days.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I came home to a nice surprise in the mail, an envelope from FFLC with my nice new C&R license in it. Feb 18 to Mar 12, that's ... uh, 22 days. Not bad. HQL got approved first (after 17 days? 18), but it's not in my hand yet!

Time to scan and copy, and wait for the big envelope. And then start looking for loose change to fund the addiction...

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I came home to a nice surprise in the mail, an envelope from FFLC with my nice new C&R license in it. Feb 18 to Mar 12, that's ... uh, 22 days. Not bad. HQL got approved first (after 17 days? 18), but it's not in my hand yet!

Time to scan and copy, and wait for the big envelope. And then start looking for loose change to fund the addiction...

Congrats! Welcome to the C$R party!

Just remember to make a copy and sign that. Never sign the original!

Jim'sKid

Feb 14, 2013
    Mount Airy
    Put my C&R application in the mail on Monday. Already looking hard at Old Model Blackhawks in .357 mag. with the 4 5/8 barrel. Any suggestions on best places to look or similar quality single actions that would be over the 50-year mark (although I am a Ruger fan)? Thanks.

Jul 1, 2012
    Renewals are moving along pretty well as well. Dropped mine in the mail on 2/17 and got it back on 3/11.

That's very encouraging...
    I put mine in 2/18 and the post office didn't deliver it until 3/5 !
    so much for 2nd day Priority.
    Check was cashed right away so hopefully the license will get back soon.

Jim'sKid

Feb 14, 2013
    Mount Airy
    Stopped into Ollie's today in Frederick and they had nice NRA bound register books good for C&R requirement. $7 if anyone is interested.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Man, you're gettin' serious, aren't you?:D I'm just using the one that the BATFE supplied me. Good enough for my needs. But thanks:thumbsup:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Man, you're gettin' serious, aren't you?:D I'm just using the one that the BATFE supplied me. Good enough for my needs. But thanks:thumbsup:

BATFE supplies a Bound Book?? I think my kit came with a Personal Firearms Record card, but IIRC, that card doesn't have all of the required fields for a Bound Book.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont

BATFE supplies a Bound Book?? I think my kit came with a Personal Firearms Record card, but IIRC, that card doesn't have all of the required fields for a Bound Book.

I agree with James H. Unless they have started to include something, I think you are mixing them up. Might want to check out the FAQ sticky at the top of the forum. I think it has an example of a bound book in the very first post.

Jul 1, 2012
    Or just make a spreadsheet in the form required by ATF.
    (note the use of the word "required"!)

Print some pages and stick in a 3-ring binder.
    Boom, you're done.
    Some of the fancy-pants books commercially available DON'T follow the required format.
    May or may not be an issue down the road...

For the bound book DON'T stick extra info in there, like how much it cost, pictures, notes on condition, etc. Make a separate book for that.
    The bound book needs to be in column form, one gun per line with the info required and ONLY the info required.

This pub has some good info in general and how to make the entries (it's tuned for dealers but the basics are the same) and what data needs to be recorded:

http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-15.pdf

see pp 13-14

It may come with the C&R packet, it's been awhile...

Attachments

• Required Format.jpg
      Required Format.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads