• teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    it's better than the courts

too late your gun rights were voted on when this DB's were elected

That's the entire point. My Rights are not up for a vote. The elected went too far when they restricted my Rights with a vote. I don't want to put that idea up for another vote. If the courts rule against us, then the inevitable came just a little sooner.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Tomorrow is the big day for the first hurdle.

We will see if McDonough (who did this for politcal gain) and his professional organizer (who doesn't want to run the petition) can make the 18, 000 mark.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I want to bash my skull in after reading some of these "no voting on my rights" comments. Normally I'd say "whatever makes you sleep better at night," but the reality is this is one of the few situations where what makes you all sleep better makes me want to vomit.

"Rights" in theory don't mean ANYTHING if you can't exercise them. This isn't a martyr situation where you will die for your cause because you refuse to denounce your faith. This is more like a male chauvinist opting to die on an island because the helicopter that's coming to pick him up is piloted by women.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I still fail to understand why the referendum and SC challenge are mutually exclusive. The SC will hear the case based on its own merits and not what the people of MD say at the polls. We have no chance of the SC case winning anyway, at least with the referendum it delays the inevitable.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I still fail to understand why the referendum and SC challenge are mutually exclusive. The SC will hear the case based on its own merits and not what the people of MD say at the polls. We have no chance of the SC case winning anyway, at least with the referendum it delays the inevitable.

If there is a referendum, any litigation has to be put on hold. We do have a chance of a court case winning. We have no chance of winning a referendum.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I want to bash my skull in after reading some of these "no voting on my rights" comments. Normally I'd say "whatever makes you sleep better at night," but the reality is this is one of the few situations where what makes you all sleep better makes me want to vomit.

Civics lesson:

In our system of government, the courts decide whether a law is Constitutional.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I still fail to understand why the referendum and SC challenge are mutually exclusive. The SC will hear the case based on its own merits and not what the people of MD say at the polls. We have no chance of the SC case winning anyway, at least with the referendum it GIVES US MORE TIME TO BUY GUNS.

Corrected it for the pro-referendum crowd.

This was an answer I got from a MDS member collecting signatures at the Hagerstown Gun Show. It has also been mentioned in other threads. It is a self serving excuse.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    If there is a referendum, any litigation has to be put on hold. We do have a chance of a court case winning. We have no chance of winning a referendum.

So in your opinion, if we had 1 more Liberal SC judge and one less Conservative judge, would SB281 have any chance of being struck down?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Corrected it for the pro-referendum crowd.

This was an answer I got from a MDS member collecting signatures at the Hagerstown Gun Show. It has also been mentioned in other threads. It is a self serving excuse.

I would still like to know who that was, as I was at that show and it wasnt me

The referendum is our best chance of defeating this bill. The court option will take years and NOT all of it (if any) will be thrown out

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would still like to know who that was, as I was at that show and it wasnt me

The referendum is our best chance of defeating this bill. The court option will take years and NOT all of it (if any) will be thrown out

The chances of winning a referendum are slim to none and slim didn't come to town.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    yes I agree :D

Then in the long run we're screwed. Time to sell my guns and buy a car to restore. Even if by some miracle we won a referendum, they would pass the same crap again. Ultimately it would hit the courts (years down the road). They would find this Constitutional, and confiscation would be next. We will be relegated to having a revolver in the home.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Then in the long run we're screwed. Time to sell my guns and buy a car to restore. Even if by some miracle we won a referendum, they would pass the same crap again. Ultimately it would hit the courts (years down the road). They would find this Constitutional, and confiscation would be next. We will be relegated to having a revolver in the home.

Or a double barrel shotgun...Biden approved.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    Civics lesson:

In our system of government, the courts decide whether a law is Constitutional.

Civics lesson:
    In our form of government when the state passes a law the people believe is unconstitutional, the people can reverse this bad law through referendum and popular vote. Some would say its our duty to do it, otherwise you are accepting what the state legislature has enacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom