Just got my Advantage Arms Glock 17 conversion kit....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I just received my Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Gen 2 Glock 17. I put CCI Mini Mags through it and it ran through 40 of them with no issues. I was surprised how well it ran, I see a lot of them on GunBroker used.

How have others fared with this .22 alternative slide? I would be interested in hearing your long term feedback.

I was going to get a Ruger MK III then decided on this. Bit expensive but works with existing gear......

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    got one for my G17 gen3 a few years ago. works great with CCI minimags and also got Remington golden bullets to work, but after that its a crap shoot.

keep it clean. seems to get fussy after about 200 rounds.

I should have gotten the ruger MKIII or browning buckmark first back then (pre HQL days), then this kit later (after 10/2013).

jonathanglock

Oct 8, 2011
    Smithsburg, MD
    I like mine too. It's a little finicky as far as ammo goes. Doesn't like bulk winchester or federal, does ok with remington golden bullets. I can't remember if I've put any CCI through it. And it feels like a toy gun because it's so light, plastic(polymer) frame with an aluminum slide. I see one more accessory I'd like to get, a threaded barrel. Have fun with your new toy.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Have one for my G22 and G35. It likes the Remington Golden's and the Wichester M22's. Initially mine would get fussy after about 200-300 rounds before cleaning but lately I've been able to stretch to 500 rounds. After a couple of hundred rounds of 22 lr, I switch back to the 22 or 35 slide and I notice my groups improve after a few shots.

MifflinKid

Dec 30, 2010
    Howard County
    I bought one several years ago for my G23. I found it works best with Remington Golden Bullets but will work with other brands. (This was well before the Great .22 LR Ammo Shortage so I had numerous brands of .22 LR on my shelf.) The determining factors seems to be the overall length of the round, the shape of the bullet nose and, surprisingly, the thickness of the rims.

Here is what I did. Each side of the rather narrow feed ramp was rough so I got my ceramic stones out and polished off the burrs. I polished the feed ram to a bright shine using wet 1200 grit sandpaper. I suspected ammo with longer, more pointed bullets were not able to slide up the ramp especially when the slide and frame got dirty while blunt, wide nosed bullets would get slowed down by those pesky burrs (especially so with lead bullets).

I also found the back of the extractor did not fully fit in the slot next to the chamber when using ammo with thicker rims -- these would cause the back of the extractor to smack into the back of its machined slot. This caused many of these rounds to not fully chamber. I filed the back of the extractor until it would go fully into the machined slot. This step was tedious: color it with a black magic marker, put a selected empty case under the extractor, feed it by hand into the chamber, extract the case and check the colored area for contact, take down the contact area with a stroke or two from the file. Repeated many times.

These simple steps greatly improved the functioning of the conversion kit.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I've had one for my G34 for over 5 years. Runs great with all ammo types. Also functions 100% with a suppressor.
    20140107_204526.jpg

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I've had mine since 2000. Mine only runs well with Remmy golden bullet or CCI mini mags. The good thing is the craptastic Remmy ammo stays mostly subsonic so I don't need to use my expensive CCI standard ammo with my silencer.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I just received my Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Gen 2 Glock 17. I put CCI Mini Mags through it and it ran through 40 of them with no issues. I was surprised how well it ran, I see a lot of them on GunBroker used.

How have others fared with this .22 alternative slide? I would be interested in hearing your long term feedback.

I was going to get a Ruger MK III then decided on this. Bit expensive but works with existing gear......

I rocked one when I had a Glock 17. It ran as well as your ammo did. Only issues over about 700 rounds was the the extractor getting a little worn and not grabbing spent cases. A lil sharpening of it solved that, but the metal is kinda weak on it. Keep it clean and it'll run like a top! Resale value's pretty good too. Enjoy!

SIU317

Nov 30, 2012
    Baltimore
    I was looking into getting a .22 conversion kit for my Glock....does anyone know if the purchase needs to be done through an FFL in MD or can I have it shipped straight to me from a seller? Thanks

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The conversion kits are unregulated. Buy 'em over the interwebz straight to your door if you feel like it.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I was looking into getting a .22 conversion kit for my Glock....does anyone know if the purchase needs to be done through an FFL in MD or can I have it shipped straight to me from a seller? Thanks

They are treated like any other firearms parts, no FFL required. It is the lower that requires an FFL.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I got mine a few years ago. Loves Rem. Gold and Win. Hates anything Fed.

I accurate too. To bad .22 is harder to find then 9mm. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom