• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horseu

Aug 31, 2008
    Thanks Ty! ... but that's not what I see on their website ... did Bushmaster change after the law was written? http://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/pistols.asp
    OK, the Bushmaster AR pistols were "New for 2013" see pages 2-3 of their 2013 catalog. http://www.icloudmobilemedia.com/i/99715/74
    SB 281 was passed April 3, 2013 ... introduced January 18th 2013
    This is getting close ... when did the Bushmaster 2013 catalog come out?
    How do we know that the intent of SB281 was the Bushmaster bullpup pistol and not the current AR pistol?

Horseu

Aug 31, 2008
    OK, the Bushmaster AR pistols were "New for 2013" see pages 2-3 of their 2013 catalog. http://www.icloudmobilemedia.com/i/99715/74
    SB 281 was passed April 3, 2013 ... introduced January 18th 2013
    This is getting close ... when did the Bushmaster 2013 catalog come out?
    How do we know that the intent of SB281 was the Bushmaster bullpup pistol and not the current AR pistol?
    Since the bill as introduced had "Bushmaster Pistol" in it and was not changed ... then, if the Bushmaster 2013 catalog came out after Jan. 18, 2013, we've got a solid case...

Horseu

Aug 31, 2008
    Gotcha, thanks Trumpet. The named 'assault pistols' are by name, not by manufacturer. The Bushmaster pistol is the one pictured by Ty, above. Bushmaster started making .223 pistols around 2003 with the P97 and took over the assets of Professional Ordinance Carbon-15 and Bushmaster made the Carbon 15 pistol until 2013 when they came out with the XM-15 ... and made the Pit Viper pistol in 2011. No AR-based pistol (such as the P97, Pit Viper, Carbon 15 or XM-15) is named as a banned assault pistol. Of course, these laws are clearly unconstitutional anyway, and thus null and void ... but it's nice to know that at least this part is not yet part of the infringement.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    The pit viper and one other bushmaster AR handgun were on the md handgun roster prior to fsa13. I don't know if they still are.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Okay- I am going to jump in on the random specific requests! I am trying to gauge whether I want a 7.5" or 9" rail on my pistol.

If you have it, can you post a pic of a Pistol with 7.5" barrel, 9" rail, and Noveske KX3.

I am trying to gauge how far the KX3 sits out, on a 7.5" barrel, when using the 9" rail. (Bonus points for a Troy Alpha Rail) haha

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Okay- I am going to jump in on the random specific requests! I am trying to gauge whether I want a 7.5" or 9" rail on my pistol.

If you have it, can you post a pic of a Pistol with 7.5" barrel, 9" rail, and Noveske KX3.

I am trying to gauge how far the KX3 sits out, on a 7.5" barrel, when using the 9" rail. (Bonus points for a Troy Alpha Rail) haha

Sorry no picture but That rail is too long. You will end up with about 1/4 inch of the KX3 showing. Your barrel sits back about 1/4" from where the rail starts and the rail is a little more than 9".

Better to go with a 8" rail. The whole pig should be visible.

I would suggest going to an IP (I went to Precision Firearms at the Howard County show) and come up with the combo and look you want

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    7.5" barrel. 9" spikes BAR, KX3. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414427330.402840.jpg

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Why is this important? I feel like I have seen TONS of pistols with half or no pig showing. Is it a saftey concern, or just your preference?

probably preference, if it wasn't safe you wouldn't see it being done.

I have a 7.5 barrel with kx5 fully exposed with phase 5 LPSN handguard on page 41 of this thread, if you want to compare.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Why is this important? I feel like I have seen TONS of pistols with half or no pig showing. Is it a saftey concern, or just your preference?

My preference. Also I am planning on a suppressor in the future and wanted a little easier access to the threads.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    300 Blackout, 9" barrel, 125gr SMK, ~2150 FPS, Power Factor = ~269

5.56 9" barrel, 55 gr M193, ~2550 FPS, Power Factor = ~140 (along with big flash and report; all that unused energy has to go somewhere.)

Same size package, same mag capacity, significant power difference.

In fact, even my 300BLK subsonics are 225gr Hornady's, ~1020FPS, with a PF of ~230, and they sound like a pellet gun (with an AAC 762SD.) For home defense, this is what you want; not a deafening, fireball-throwing, neutered 223.

My sentiments exactly.

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery

Here is your request down to the Alpha rail, except this is a KX5 not a KX3 (although I believe they're the same length).

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Almost done with mine
    PSA lower
    QMS trigger
    Sig arm brace
    Joe bobs upper
    Rainer 8.5 select 300AAC barrel
    Seekins adjustable gas block
    Young MFG Chrome bolt
    BCM charging handle
    Vortex strikefire

Waiting on my AA brake to come in along with my gas tube and my 7" midwest industries gen 2 rail to come in. So far, I absolutley hate the seekins gas block, im waiting on a micro moa to come off back order. You cannot adjust the set screw when its installed, the barrel is too close to that set screw to turn the allen key on it. Im going to try and modify an allen key to make it work. Ill post up more pics once its done but last night I had to mock it up a bit. Its going to be awesome.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Almost done with mine
    PSA lower
    QMS trigger
    Sig arm brace
    Joe bobs upper
    Rainer 8.5 select 300AAC barrel
    Seekins adjustable gas block
    Young MFG Chrome bolt
    BCM charging handle
    Vortex strikefire

Waiting on my AA brake to come in along with my gas tube and my 7" midwest industries gen 2 rail to come in. So far, I absolutley hate the seekins gas block, im waiting on a micro moa to come off back order. You cannot adjust the set screw when its installed, the barrel is too close to that set screw to turn the allen key on it. Im going to try and modify an allen key to make it work. Ill post up more pics once its done but last night I had to mock it up a bit. Its going to be awesome.

Looks good so far!

(also looks like you lost a wrench)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom