• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Joining the club.

Just ordered a 12.2" Noveske in 300BLK to compliment my 16" Noveske 300BLK. (It's going to be a big pistol...)

Waiting on my stripped upper from White Oak, already have a complete BCG/Bolt waiting on hand. BCM Gunfighter charging handle is also on hand, might swap that for a Raptor.

Noveske GenII Lower is in MD purgatory (going to suck waiting for it too). Waiting for a Geissele SD-3G trigger to come in stock.

After payday I'll pick up the rest of the little bits that I need.

Last edited:

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Joining the club.

Just ordered a 12.2" Noveske in 300BLK to compliment my 16" Noveske 300BLK. (It's going to be a big pistol...)

Waiting on my stripped upper from White Oak, already have a complete BCG/Bolt waiting on hand. BCM Gunfighter charging handle is also on hand, might swap that for a Raptor.

Noveske GenII Lower is in MD purgatory (going to suck waiting for it too). Waiting for a Geissele SD-3G trigger to come in stock.

After payday I'll pick up the rest of the little bits that I need.

12.2"!?!?!?! ARE YOU TRYING TO SHOOT TRAP!??!?!

my recent build

Nice , I love the upper , I've been waiting 4 months now for my rguns order to ship , I bought the 16" just like that ,, I was gonna order that pistol upper but my patience has worn thin waiting on one order ,, that's a sweet build .

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    In all honesty, I wanted to get the 10" Noveske, but even Noveske said they didn't know when more would be out. 12.2" was in stock, so that's what I got.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    In all honesty, I wanted to get the 10" Noveske, but even Noveske said they didn't know when more would be out. 12.2" was in stock, so that's what I got.

I hear you, I got my 8.2 back in the first week of December, I just want to find another lower right now since mine doesn't work with the drum :(

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I hear you, I got my 8.2 back in the first week of December, I just want to find another lower right now since mine doesn't work with the drum :(

If I'd had more disposable $$, I would've picked one up when I got my 16".

Seekins lower?

Firespectrum

Mar 19, 2013
    College Park
    I thought they were illegal under MD law? From the NRA-ILA website:

It is unlawful to possess, sell, offer for sale, transfer, receive, or transport into the State any “assault pistol.” Current owners may possess such a pistol if it was registered with the Secretary of the State Police before August 1, 1994. A law enforcement unit may seize as contraband and dispose of any assault pistol transported, sold, transferred, purchased, received, or possessed in the State.

Or does this mean they have to be registered?

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    A15 ATF Letter Link for AR pistols

Just a few links for you guys. I copied all the letters on my CPU, AND I printed 3 copies of each and put them in my safe.

This way if there is ever a question, you can take a set of ATF letters with ya. :D

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/...BATFE__that_pertain_to_AR_pistols.html&page=1

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/525036_Request___Scans_of_any_letters_from_the_BATFE__that_pertain_to_AR_pistols.html&page=2

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/525036_Request___Scans_of_any_letters_from_the_BATFE__that_pertain_to_AR_pistols.html&page=3

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Mine and a few others is in .300blk

300BLK is the way to go for an AR15 pistol with a milspec lower.

5.56x45mm sucks badly in short barrels. Instead of muzzle velocity you get muzzle blast and flames.

OTOH, the 300BLK gets me 2100ft/sec out of a 9" barrel with a 123gr bullet and 18.5 grains of Lilgun. You can push it a little harder but brass life will suffer. (A 16" barrel will only get 150 ft/sec more from the same load.)

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Did anyone here build a pistol in something other than 5.56 or 9mm?

Just finished a gas-operated pistol upper in 357Sig and am waiting for the DDLE lower that accepts Glock magazines (4 month backorder).

Out of a G32 I get about 1300 ft/sec with a 125gr bullet. The same load clocks 1500 ft/sec out of the 9" barrel in the AR15 pistol.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Nice , I love the upper , I've been waiting 4 months now for my rguns order to ship , I bought the 16" just like that ,, I was gonna order that pistol upper but my patience has worn thin waiting on one order ,, that's a sweet build .

it is definitely worth the wait man. The fit and finish are excellent. I really like it. I am not really digging the foam colored sand paper for a cheek rest so the SBR paperwork will have to go in soon.

Brad - the raptor is sweet and well worth it.

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    300BLK is the way to go for an AR15 pistol with a milspec lower.

5.56x45mm sucks badly in short barrels. Instead of muzzle velocity you get muzzle blast and flames.

OTOH, the 300BLK gets me 2100ft/sec out of a 9" barrel with a 123gr bullet and 18.5 grains of Lilgun. You can push it a little harder but brass life will suffer. (A 16" barrel will only get 150 ft/sec more from the same load.)

Noveske 300 pistol barrel in stock....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/637434/noveske-match-barrel-ar-15-pistol-300-aac-blackout-762x35mm-medium-contour-1-in-7-twist-82-stainless-steel-pistol-gas-port-with-low-profile-gas-block#arpartsfinder.com

:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom