• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrissyN

Apr 5, 2013
    Westminster, Maryland
    Hey all, just bought my first shotgun... and am looking to replace the butt stock with something better for me. Looking for shock absorbing and adjustable stock.

Any advice? Thanks! :innocent0

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I have the ATI on my Mav 88 12ga and it's not very absorbing in stock form.

DSC01695_zps36a7f6b2.jpg

I did make a new absorbing stock for it an it did make a huge difference in apparent felt recoil.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Was the first post meaning to have just bought , or have bought relativly recently , and have done enough shooting with it to gain opinions ?

While it is a semi-free country , and you can tacticool it out if you want to , I will offer a cpl observations :

1. It's already a 20ga, with standard target-ish loads , it's inherently low recoil

2. Absolutly proper fit is important. Going from the avatar and the spelling , I'd go on a limb that you're female. Further probability given the stated need to change the stock dimentions would be that you are smaller if stature than the proverbial average sized male that most mass market guns are designed to fit. Priper fit doesn't have to mean adjustable. Either obtain a Youth stock , or have origional stock cut to fit you , and declare victory. If you need to make it available to an *average* person , long arm people can adapt to shorter stocks much better than the reverse. There is even a sizable minority opinion among instructord / theorists that most shooters are better served with a shorter than standard stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom