• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I just bought one off the classifieds and shot it last weekend. All OK with CCI's but had some FTF's with Golden Bullets. Pretty cool rifle I may say.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Zeroing depends on what you are using it for. I use my 2 for competition speed shooting and as 3-gun practice rifles. I generally sight them in at around 25 yards with irons or red dots and 50y or 100y with scopes.
    But they are not a accurate as say a Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 597 so anything beyond about 75 yards can be done better with other .22 rifles. But what they do very well is shoot very fast, especially with a really good trigger.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    My 15-22 never did like federal ammo. At least 1 ftf per mag. Runs great on CCI and M-22 Winchester. If your looking for mags, Big Dogs gets them once in a while.

Mine's been kicking ass lately. I took it to the range yesterday, and when I ran out of Blazers, it actually shot the Fed American Eagle 36grn HP's even better. I LOVE this rifle.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    has S&W addressed all these issues with this gun? I just got one for the wife and hope it doesnt turn out to be a complete POS like this thread is making them seem to be...

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    has S&W addressed all these issues with this gun? I just got one for the wife and hope it doesnt turn out to be a complete POS like this thread is making them seem to be...

Mine has been perfect since day 1.

In doing my research before purchasing, what I found is that the "issues" are human error from funky mag loading or ignoring the owners manual in regard to ammo. People are using the ammo S&W specifically advises against using, then wonder why they have ftf's with cheap Remington golden bullets.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    pretty sad how things have changed here in MAryland.... i see this older post got moved up to now and reading some of the posts when we could get 25rd mags shipped to us here in MD... thanks to MOM thats no more....

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    pretty sad how things have changed here in MAryland.... i see this older post got moved up to now and reading some of the posts when we could get 25rd mags shipped to us here in MD... thanks to MOM thats no more....

Uuh, NO. When this thread started, you still could not get 25 round mags legally in MD.

The over 20 round prohibition dates back to 1996.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom