• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    After shooting a buddy's AR and realizing how fun it was, I bit the bullet and bought one myself. I was deciding between a Daniel Defense V3 and a Colt 6920 Magpul w/ rail system. I ended up going with the Colt because it was a bit less expensive and had cool M4 markings.

While waiting for the wait period, I've gotten some surplus ammo, magazines, and bag to carry the rifle in.

And how is it that every time I buy a gun, I have this insane need to play dress up with it? I'm already looking at optics, fore grips, etc. and I haven't even shot the darn thing! I need to find a cheaper hobby...

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Colt make better rifles, at a better price. Nothing wrong with Daniel Defense, but they don't offer anything different for the extra money. You made a great choice. Plus the Colt will hold it's value forever.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I prefer Colt, too. Congrats. Try getting used to the rifle first before tarting it up. All the doodads make the rifle heavier and less pleasant to practice with, except for optics. A sub-$100 RDS is decent optic to start out with before you shell out 4-10x as much for the good stuff.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    It can and will get very expensive to play around with accessories...post pics as soon as you take her home. Congrats.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    After shooting a buddy's AR and realizing how fun it was, I bit the bullet and bought one myself. I was deciding between a Daniel Defense V3 and a Colt 6920 Magpul w/ rail system. I ended up going with the Colt because it was a bit less expensive and had cool M4 markings.

While waiting for the wait period, I've gotten some surplus ammo, magazines, and bag to carry the rifle in.

And how is it that every time I buy a gun, I have this insane need to play dress up with it? I'm already looking at optics, fore grips, etc. and I haven't even shot the darn thing! I need to find a cheaper hobby...

When you find the answer to this one please let the rest of us know!

Great choice picking the Colt. The V3 is really nice too but hard to go wrong with a Colt.

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    I'm in the market for a Colt AR in the near future. Just curious where you bought it and if you had shopped around anywhere else to compare prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom