• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    I've been wanting to reload for a few years now. I recently moved in to my new home and claimed the unfinished basement mine. I stumbled on a decent deal for a used lot of dillon equipment and decided it was time to make a move. I've read the "ABC's of reloading" and spent hours processing online information (forums/youtube). I still need a ton of stuff, I'm going to the Dulles show this weekend to pickup some more supplies. The seller recommended I pick up a roller handle, I'm going to hold off and see if I need it. I've been lurking this forum for years, there is a ton of great information...thanks!

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Congratulations on the Dillon!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have 'the ball' on mine, and don't want to change it/won't change it.

I have seen a guy (online) that customized billiard balls, and puts a threaded insert in them, to use on the Dillon.
    (I wouldn't mind having an "8-Ball" for my RL-550B!) :D

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Revived the dillon yesterday it was showing its age. I called dillon asked for a rebuild they said no problem. It got shipped to them today.

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    What calibers are you looking to reload ??

Get a couple of manuals, a good scale, a micrometer for brass lengths and OAL, "hammer type" bullet puller. Rifle rounds; case trimmer, chamfer/deburr tools, primer pocket cleaner, uniformer. There's a start.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    What calibers are you looking to reload ??

Get a couple of manuals, a good scale, a micrometer for brass lengths and OAL, "hammer type" bullet puller. Rifle rounds; case trimmer, chamfer/deburr tools, primer pocket cleaner, uniformer. There's a start.

30 years ago when my buddy and I used to reload, it didn't seem like there were as many tools/steps involved. My how times have changed. I am thinking about taking the "plunge" into reloading. Time is my only issue.
    Congrats on the reloading stuff.

300RUM

Custom Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    North East
    I don't have the roller handle on mine and don't think I need/want it. I do have the bullet tray and case tray, along with the strong mount. I do recommend those upgrades.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    No roller handle was all I knew for years.
    Now that I know better, both my Dillons now have roller handles.
    I loaded about 5k rounds over a weekend once and ended up taping a kitchen sponge over the ball about halfway through. Blister still covered my palm.
    The sponge helped, but the roller cuts friction from the picture and I've been GTG ever since.

MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    Congratulations on the Dillon!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have 'the ball' on mine, and don't want to change it/won't change it.

I have seen a guy (online) that customized billiard balls, and puts a threaded insert in them, to use on the Dillon.
    (I wouldn't mind having an "8-Ball" for my RL-550B!) :D

Wonder if you could use an 8-ball shifter knob?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom