• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    This may seem like a stupid idea but to rebuttal against the pro gun bill commercial why not use jugs for plugs on 98 rock. This would be a very effective way to get our message out to a huge amount of people and it could even cost us nothing.

This would require a pro 2a women to sacrifice sitting there topples which could be hard to find.

Then we can have a well respected and educated member tell the public what MOM doesn't want them to hear. Maybe someone from MSI.

Let me know what you guys think

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    I like your idea of getting the word out.

What I don't like is, "Jugs for Plugs". This is something serious, I wouldn't trivialize it in this manner. From what I've heard, 98 Rock does have some personalities who are supportive of 2A rights and they may be willing to engage in an outright discussion.

I never understood the value of showing boobies on the radio. It's not television. I know they'll tell you, "hey, we have a webcam!" and other such garbage, but the truth is that their primary audience is the people who tune them in for 30-60 minutes on their drive to work and then again on their drive back. Even people who listen to the radio while working, they are not going to be "webcamming" Jugs for Plugs on the job.

I personally think that forgetting that your primary audience is LISTENING and not WATCHING is one of the cardinal sins/failings of FM radio as a medium, right underneath the DJs and personalities thinking that they are more important than their listeners and doing things that benefit THEMSELVES rather than their audience.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I think it would only work if the girl had no teeth and real strong Baltimore accent. That way everyone that hates guns will think we are all trash.

I kid of course...worst idea I have ever heard.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I love a toppless women but that can also be viewed negativity with some people. I am just trying to think of something to help out... Even though I am new to the gun world I still feel a strong emotions to what is happening in our state

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Dumb, it isn't a 2a issue. If you want to get your girlfriend to do it to support gun rights , go for it. I doubt any of the major Maryland 2a contributing organizations would endorse you, so its all on your own stuff.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    So far jugs for plugs seems to be a unanimous bad idea. What if we got air time without the whole jugs for plugs ordeal. Do you guys think it is worth the troubles?

The things I think would be good to discuss on air would be:
    1. What is on the bill, and what it means
    2. What impact it will really have, and talk about the statistic and information showing why the bill is wrong.
    3. What can be done or is being done to stop it

People are more likely to listen to what you have to say on the radio then to read an article.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The success of pro-2A will involve getting women involved.

While there are many women who are empowered to use their sexuality, there are many who feel that things like this are demeaning to women.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom