• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I just emailed KU to seek their policy on advocating murder of people their faculty disagree with and their policy on hate speech.

Don't think it will matter but need to try to call out the hypocracy when we can.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    If history is representative of what is to come I predict that some of these kooks are going to have tragic, unexplained accidents similar to what we saw under the clinton admin

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I just emailed KU to seek their policy on advocating murder of people their faculty disagree with and their policy on hate speech.

Don't think it will matter but need to try to call out the hypocracy when we can.

Excellent idea, many more should do that.

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011

My email to HR@KU.edu follows:

Sir or Madam,

Clearly, you must be aware of your David Guth's recent twitter posting (below):

#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.

— David Guth (@DWGuth) September 16, 2013

This is a man with authority figure access to impressionable young minds whose futures may depend on identifying with your Mr. Guth. I hope you will agree that Mr. Guth is clearly mentally unstable. To argue that point would be to support his murderous statements, a position that I hope KU does not assume. What action is KU taking to distinguish itself from Mr. Guth?

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Sooooo...he is big on the first ammendment, but not on the second....surprising..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Twitter-another huge time waster for many people. Does anyone think this guy cares what we think any more than many of us give a rat's ass about his inane statements?

Campfire

Apr 21, 2012
    Kansas
    KSRA issued a press release calling for him to be fired:

KSRA CALLS FOR IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL OF KU PROFESSOR DAVID GUTH

(Bonner Springs, KS) - It has come to our attention via an article in the Campus Reform that KU Journalism Professor David Guth turned to Twitter on Monday to suggest he would like to see the murder of children of National Rifle Association (NRA) members at the hands of a deranged gunman.

The article reports that KU Associate Professor David Guth was questioned about the tweet and is quoted as saying ""Hell no, hell no, I do not regret that Tweet, I don't take it back one bit." He echoed the same egregious sentiments on his personal blog called Snapping Turtle.

Kansas State Rifle Association President, Patricia Stoneking said, "The KSRA will do everything possible to see to the removal of this man. He should be fired immediately. His statements are outrageous!" She went on to say, "Is this who you want teaching your children? I certainly do not want him teaching mine!"

President Stoneking continued to say, "Any person with such a vile and contemptuous attitude who has influence over our children as a professor does, should be immediately fired."

The Kansas State Rifle Association is outraged by this. President Stoneking said, "I expect that the Kansas Board of Regents, who I believe to be reasonable people, would act on this immediately."

The KSRA believes in the First Amendment right to free speech but holds grave concern about what he may be teaching his students and that this type of rhetoric could influence a mentally unstable individual and become a catalyst to cause someone to champion Professor Guth's cause. President Stoneking said, "its one thing to engage in thoughtful dialogue and speak against something but it is quite another to incite violence." She continued by saying, "This professor has obviously forgotten that it is human beings that commit crimes. Guns are inanimate objects and only human intervention causes them to be used in a criminal manner."

DOWNLOAD PDF OF RELEASE HERE
    http://origin.library.constantconta...+Release+KU+Journalism+Professor+09-19-13.pdf

Contact info for the Board of Regents:

Kansas Board of Regents
    1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
    Topeka, KS 66612-1368
    785.296.3421 | fax 785.296.0983

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

I can't imagine that his hate speech didn't violate one or more KU campus p.c. speech codes. If uttered by a student it would probably result in immediate referral for psychiatric evaluation, followed by expulsion.

But since he's a professor, it's probably "academic freedom."

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Acknowledging this fools existence is waste of outrage. He wants attention..
    If you want to reply, tell him about your sons and daughters that are standing the watch overseas so he can be a selfserving waste of skin.
    I would do it myself but I have no children..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom