Dogbone campaigning for Ms. Kathy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 218

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    looks like the old boys hair is growing back and he's putting some weight back on... guess he beat the big "C"...doesn't look too excited about your "redistricting" conversation though... typical politician

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    looks like the old boys hair is growing back and he's putting some weight back on... guess he beat the big "C"...doesn't look too excited about your "redistricting" conversation though... typical politician

Well, actually it's his favorite topic, but very serious. It's how he changes Maryland for good.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Well, actually it's his favorite topic, but very serious. It's how he changes Maryland for good.

Haven't participated in this thread up to this point but I couldn't agree more. Redistricting will provide truly fair and equal representation for the people of Maryland. No more of these ridiculously shapen districts meant only to benefit the Liberal machine.

Did anyone have a chance to bring up the community's 2A concerns with the Governor or were questions filtered and controlled?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Did anyone have a chance to bring up the community's 2A concerns with the Governor or were questions filtered and controlled?

This was a very casual and engaging atmosphere, and Hogan seemed truly welcoming of the interaction.

I stayed back and just observed, but it seemed very positive. The conversations--even with several members chatting with him--appeared congenial.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Haven't participated in this thread up to this point but I couldn't agree more. Redistricting will provide truly fair and equal representation for the people of Maryland. No more of these ridiculously shapen districts meant only to benefit the Liberal machine.

Yes. I had his ear for a while. Nothing was filtered or controlled, he is very easy to talk to.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Wrong. Pictures don't tell the whole story. The Governor appreciated us being there and acknowledged the need to redistrict fairly to get this State back from those that have hijacked it! Hogan is the real deal - a smart guy that you can talk to without feeling like you need a shower afterwards.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Sorry for the slow reply, bertfish--I have pulled over on the hour drive home.

There were no "ground rules" and all topics are on the table. The Gov does this a lot and is quite comfortable in this setting.

I actually had two conversations with the Gov--first about the strategy for Kathy Szeliga to win her Senate race against Van Hollen, and then about Redistricting in 2020.

I, personally, am more of a Big Picture guy and that's what I wanted to talk about briefly, because everything is brief with so many people to chat with.

MDS member Boomstick brought up more 2A issues as did others so they can speak to that.

The reality is we live with Soviet-style one-party rule in the MD Legislature and any 2A moves the Gov makes in the next year will he used to hammer him. Hogan is the CHIEF target for defeat by the NATIONAL Democrat Party.

But he is popular and smart--and if we help him win re-election--and then he guides redistricting--the Soviet Era in Maryland will be relegated to the Dust Bin of History.

It's a chance to turn around so many of the things we hate about Maryland now. That's the Big Picture.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Sorry for the slow reply, bertfish--I have pulled over on the hour drive home.

There were no "ground rules" and all topics are on the table. The Gov does this a lot and is quite comfortable in this setting.

I actually had two conversations with the Gov--first about the strategy for Kathy Szeliga to win her Senate race again Van Hollen, and then about Redistricting in 2020.

I, personally, am more of a Big Picture guy and that's what I wanted to talk about briefly, because everything is brief with so many people to chat with.

MDS member Boomstick brought up more 2A issues as did others so they can speak to that.

The reality is we live with Soviet-style one-party rule in the MD Legislature and any 2A moves the Gov makes in the next year will he used to hammer him. Hogan is the CHIEF target for defeat by the NATIONAL Democrat Party.

But he is popular and smart--and if we help him win re-election--and then he guides redistricting--the Soviet Era in Maryland will be relegated to the Dust Bin of History.

It's a chance to turn around so many of the things we hate about Maryland now. That's the Big Picture.

Couldn't agree more. I hold out hope that we will see changes in the future. No changes will be possible with the current stranglehold the Lefties have on the state.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Any obvious 2A moves that some folks among us are demanding will become a whoopin' stick wielded by the DemoRats and the smart money knows this.

Our only hope is that second Hogan term.

Hell, if he waved a 2A Magic Wand tonight in favor of our "contentious" issues, the Dems would just undo it all next Winter, and then he would lose re-election as an "extremist Right Winger."

Back comes The Rain Tax and all the other BS that a Republican Administration has been battling for years now.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Great event and great to see everyone show up and get FaceTime with the Governor and other elected officials that showed up.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Kudos to Chris Cavey who put this event on yet again. Nice turnout. If you have never been, put it on your calendar for early August next year - low key and affordable opportunity meet Governor Hogan, Lt. Governor Rutherford, other candidates (like Kathy Szeliga last night) and their respective wives and husbands. :thumbsup:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    This was my first 'real' political event. Sure didn't know what to expect, but my expectations weren't high. Boy, was I wrong! Not only did I get some face time with the Gov, but found him to be a genuine, honest, intelligent and compassionate person who was sincerely willing to interact with a constituent. What a nice guy.

The event was about as low key as it could be... lots of shorts, sandals and tee shirts mixed in with more business casual attire. The pig was outstanding, as were the rest of the accompaniments. The beer flowed freely, as did other less tongue-loosening beverages, and the band was terrific.

I was on the fence, but sure am glad I went. I encourage everyone else to go next year... you'll be glad you did!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Va.'s Governor isn't afraid to push his antigun agenda in front of a red legislature in a pro gun state. Just sayin....

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Va.'s Governor isn't afraid to push his antigun agenda in front of a red legislature in a pro gun state. Just sayin....

And what happened to him? He had his AG end reciprocity with a bunch of states on a whim.
    The legislature fired back. Now VA recognizes the permits of every state...

He lost. Handedly.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    And what happened to him? He had his AG end reciprocity with a bunch of states on a whim.
    The legislature fired back. Now VA recognizes the permits of every state...

He lost. Handedly.
    Still, I don't think changing G&S would hurt Hogan. I would have done immediately after they overrid his veto on felons voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom