• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just came across this article.

Looks like New Jersey is trying to pass NY style gun control on steroids. Sensitive places, private property without owners consent, blah, blah, blah.
    Man I hate these azzholes.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Just came across this article.

Looks like New Jersey is trying to pass NY style gun control on steroids. Sensitive places, private property without owners consent, blah, blah, blah.
    Man I hate these azzholes.
    Well, the lower courts have let NY get away with it so far, with nothing but a suspended TRO. This is exactly what many of us supposed BGOS victims were afraid of post-Bruen, that lower courts would continue to defer to state legislatures because none of them wants to feel responsible for "putting more guns on the streets", enumerated right or not. Nothing will change in NY or NJ until one of these cases gets back to SCOTUS in 5 years, and SCOTUS actually issues a direct order to the lower court to issue a specific ruling. There needs to be a cultural change in some courts 2A jurisprudence that may require generational change on the bench to effect.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    There are one or two good things in that bill such as removing the judges from the permit process. But otherwise it is utter trash, wholesale infringement.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Scotus just need to rule permitting schemes unconstitutional and which make the whole country constitutional carry.
    Hopefully the NFA dies soon too and all the GCA's none of them can stand with THT

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Scotus just need to rule permitting schemes unconstitutional and which make the whole country constitutional carry.
    Hopefully the NFA dies soon too and all the GCA's none of them can stand with THT

Agreed but the lack of permitting doesn’t have anything to do with these jerkwads making everything a sensitive place. I sincerely hope that SCOTUS hears this soon and gives it the grand smack down it deserves.
    So very tired as a lawful gun owner of being treated worse than an actual criminal. It’s shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Agreed but the lack of permitting doesn’t have anything to do with these jerkwads making everything a sensitive place. I sincerely hope that SCOTUS hears this soon and gives it the grand smack down it deserves.
    So very tired as a lawful gun owner of being treated worse than an actual criminal. It’s shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good Point. They can also name the places to be marked sensitive. Really they need to just remove 2A from any state control at all.
    I havent gotten my permit yet because I wanted to wait for these shenanigans first as I think many others are as well. Which means there will be another surge when the dust settles. MD will not even remotely be able to say there is no interest after that.

And for now concealed is concealed in my mind

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I think these cases will be at SCOTUS in less than 5 years.
    NY amd NJ can easily stretch out the process. Sort of a passive-aggressive, albeit temporary, win.

It's been three months since Bruen and hearings on merits haven't even started. It could take another year to get a decision at District, then appeals, then en banc if the states lose on appeal, then up for cert, hearings, and decision at SCOTUS.

Last edited:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Some of these state's legislators...and/or the gun control groups behind them...could be hoping that by the time the challenges get through the courts and ultimately the Supreme Court that the Court's makeup will have changed by then more to their liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom