• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I can see the Senate going either way. Yes, gun rights get the single issue voters out but Republicans still don’t seem willing to budge on social conservatism which is basically the nail in their coffin. We’ll have to see where things are closer to the end of the year. There is still a lot of time before the elections.

I see the big issue being the presidency. If a Democrat wins in 2016 we will have 4 years of the same where nothing gets done and everyone just blames the Republicans for refusing to “compromise”.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I can see the Senate going either way. Yes, gun rights get the single issue voters out but Republicans still don’t seem willing to budge on social conservatism which is basically the nail in their coffin. We’ll have to see where things are closer to the end of the year. There is still a lot of time before the elections.

I see the big issue being the presidency. If a Democrat wins in 2016 we will have 4 years of the same where nothing gets done and everyone just blames the Republicans for refusing to “compromise”.

This. If the campaign is focused on the economy, and on personal liberty, I think Republicans have a good chance.

If it's about gay marriage, Republican double speak (cutting benefits to poor and raising salaries to rich) or if heaven forbid another dumb ass opens their mouth about Rape and Pregnancy, it'll be a Democratic majority.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Not that this really means anything, but if you track back over the last 100+ years, the only party to keep the Presidency for more than one President is the Republican party. The ONLY times in the last 100 years where a democrat succeeded another democrat was when the sitting president died in office, most notably Roosevelt/Truman and Kennedy/Johnson. Conversely, it has happened several times for the Republican party:

-- Grant/Hayes/Garfield/Arthur (1869-1885)
    -- McKinley/Roosevelt(Teddy)/Taft (1897-1913)
    -- Harding/Coolidge/Hoover (1921-1933)
    -- Regan/Bush (1981-1993)

(Can't really count Nixon/Ford due to how Nixon left office)

Based on history, (with the exception of Roosevelt in WW II) it would seem that the country can only take about 8 years of liberalism before common sense kicks back in and we sway back to more conservative values. Of course this is just conjecture and no one knows what the future holds, but after 8 years of Obumbler screwing things up, I can't imagine that this country would willingly continue down that road. Even stupid people have to wake up and smell the coffee at some point....one would think.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    This. If the campaign is focused on the economy, and on personal liberty, I think Republicans have a good chance.

If it's about gay marriage, Republican double speak (cutting benefits to poor and raising salaries to rich) or if heaven forbid another dumb ass opens their mouth about Rape and Pregnancy, it'll be a Democratic majority.

Every time I hear someone in public office say something that ridiculously stupid, I cringe. I'm ok with you being anti-abortion and all that, but how about you not make shit up while you're making a speech.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover

I think you just summed up perfectly why the Republicans suffered losses last election. Too many magic anti-rape elves or "49%" type quotes.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't see Obama's personality at all accepting any sort of compromise. He'll sling as much mud as he can, lie through his teeth, but the House will remain Republican, and in the best of all possible worlds, the Senate will fall to the Republicans as well.

A man can dream. I buy lottery tickets, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom