• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I need the exact qoute James Brochin gave from his town hall meeting about not supporting licensing.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    No one can take a few minutes and help us prepare for the Towsontown Festival?

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    This was his statement addressing the issue of licensing creating another level of bureaucracy.

"That's like nothing to them, like a walk in the park. They pass (?) with a billion dollar price tag & didn't have a way to pay for it. The mentality among some people in leadership is to pass it first & figure it out second. It's been destructive to a lot of things if you take a look at the tax structure & your tax bill...it gives me anguish".

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    There should be something saying "I will not vote for licensing" or somehting like that.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    It is at 26:12. I could not agree with you all more. the registration, fingerprinting and the permit process. "I am going to do everything in my power to strip those items out of the package"

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    At about 15:00 mark, he talks about his plans to speak fervently about and is against are the licensing and registration requirements. Is that the quote you are looking for. He didn't actually say he wouldn't vote for it, but... He did say he planned to take that back and fight against it.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    "I have to tell you something, I couldn't agree with you more about registration, I couldn't agree with you more about fingerprinting & I can tell you, & the permit process the Governor has, & I can tell you I'm going to do everything in my power to strip those items out of the package & find (unintelligible) in the committee".

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    "I have to tell you something, I couldn't agree with you more about registration, I couldn't agree with you more about fingerprinting & I can tell you, & the permit process the Governor has, & I can tell you I'm going to do everything in my power to strip those items out of the package & find (unintelligible) in the committee".

Sounded like " and find a six vote in the committee". Are there 11 on the SJC? Yep. Musta been the quote.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Don't know the exact wording but it came later than this clip. He was asked directly, if the bill contained licencing or registration would he vote for it. He said that if it contained either, he would not vote for it. I was the last to speak on this clip and it happened after that. There was no differentiation made between committee and the floor vote.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    "and find a six vote in the committee"
    Yes, that's exactly what he said.

The video started repeating around the 20 minute mark so if he did say he wouldn't vote for licensing, it may have been cut.

One thing he did say in re the fees was "I will draft, uh, some amendments to strike these fees." "You have my word on it."

There were a lot of accoaldes and applause for the Chessman, and one person said "Jim Brochin for Governor." If they knew then what they know know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom