• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I would like it if McCauley would share any information as far as politicians and politically connected individuals getting permits with weak G&S statements. IMO this scares the elites because they always want this information kept secret.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    I would like it if McCauley would share any information as far as politicians and politically connected individuals getting permits with weak G&S statements. IMO this scares the elites because they always want this information kept secret.

I know of none! I didn't have that happen. It would be legally protected if I did know. It would be counterproductive to our goal of helping shape or change the opinions of some lawmakers if I did know of such an occurrence. I choose not to expose everything I know in public. Some issues are better dealt with by allowing recently elected and or appointed honest, government officials to change problems on their own. We elected Governor Hogan because we trust him. Let's watch him clean things up.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I know of none! I didn't have that happen. It would be legally protected if I did know. It would be counterproductive to our goal of helping shape or change the opinions of some lawmakers if I did know of such an occurrence. I choose not to expose everything I know in public. Some issues are better dealt with by allowing recently elected and or appointed honest, government officials to change problems on their own. We elected Governor Hogan because we trust him. Let's watch him clean things up.

:thumbsup:

You were excellent of F&F yesterday, btw.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

When you say you know of none, you mean you never dealt with any of those persons applications or they all had legitimate g&s?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    :thumbsup:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

I know lat year during 2A Tuesday one of the delegates (from Baltimore) told me he had one but didn't think Joe Citizen should . Before I could talk to him Frosh walked up and he scurried off with him

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    When you say you know of none, you mean you never dealt with any of those persons applications or they all had legitimate g&s?
    That's a question that requires more explanation and my response may leave you scratching your head even more. But in brief; I think every politician, based upon known risks and a history of a high volume of continuous public threats, has g and s based upon the erroneous method the State Police has historically used to define the requirement. Their job alone is sufficient justification alone,...,,again, based on the method the State Police uses. Because the system creates special classes of people. But, I am unaware of any politician that received preferential treatment under my watch....

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

As much as we feel it should be public knowledge whether or not a politician received a permit. Let's be honest with ourselves and think if we would want our information like that to be made public. Do we want at NY newspaper bending us over, like they did in NY. I think not.
    Now if the serfs information was being made public, and not overlords, that is something different.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    does this mean politicians carry "large amounts of currency" on their persons and do bank runs etc. ?

Cash alone isn't the only determining factor. Doctor's prescription pads also used to be sufficient to receive a permit.

I've always scratched my heads over the people in the MSP database with the occupation code of "housewife," since the death threat permittees were under a different occupation code.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

It is now non-public information for all permit holders curtesy of an amendment added to FSA2013.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    As much as we feel it should be public knowledge whether or not a politician received a permit. Let's be honest with ourselves and think if we would want our information like that to be made public. Do we want at NY newspaper bending us over, like they did in NY. I think not.
    Now if the serfs information was being made public, and not overlords, that is something different.
    The personal info no, but the g & s statements with any necessary reactions would be appropriate. The CA sheriff's have fought tooth and nail to not do this, when the law said otherwise. It's a wonderful tool when these statements can be held up next to one another and this one was granted while this one wasnt. Unfortunately this info is guarded for a reason, namely to protect those elites fortunate enough to have a permit.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    The personal info no, but the g & s statements with any necessary reactions would be appropriate. The CA sheriff's have fought tooth and nail to not do this, when the law said otherwise. It's a wonderful tool when these statements can be held up next to one another and this one was granted while this one wasnt. Unfortunately this info is guarded for a reason, namely to protect those elites fortunate enough to have a permit.

I think I could agree with you on that point. If all G&S statements, stripped of which applicant and private info, as well as the associated final decision would definitely be informative and enlightening.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think I could agree with you on that point. If all G&S statements, stripped of which applicant and private info, as well as the associated final decision would definitely be informative and enlightening.

And just what good would that do? Do you think Ignatz Q. Citizen, reading about it in the Crab Wrapper, would care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom