• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Ok, so....with two Type 53s under my belt, it was time for a "real" one...and the J&G $149 M44 was too good to pass up. Because, really:

5845570_orig.jpg

(*cough* I'm technically Norwegian)

ANYway, three beers into the evening, IT. WAS. ON.

So, yesterday, a 1944 Izhevsk, uber-rearsenaled, showed up...

ietu.jpg

Fun fact...Plum receiver! Which I didn't take a picture of....but, since it's 12:35 in the afternoon, I'm 5 beers into the afternoon and can't be bothered to go upstairs and take a picture...

Stock was awesome! a couple of (OBVIOUSLY NEW) dings...but a q-tip of red oak stain, a scrubdown (0000 steel wool) with some BLO = everything fine.

xbd2.jpg

Ohhhh...neato...brass fittings on the upper handguard....

rt9b.jpg

88wm.jpg

Kissin' cousins! (top 2: T53, bottom; M44)

m74d.jpg

The bayo is really tight. Like, over-tight. Worked it a bit (awwwww yeahh) and it got looser after a while (that's what she said).

The bore is.....going to be a project. It has obvious lands and grooves, but there's a lot of gunk in there.

Don't really give a s*** tho. $149 M44. And it's in great shape.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Are these from Molot? The shade of finish and shellac, plus the scratches look very similar to my Molot 91/30s

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Domer Dad

Mar 5, 2014
    North America
    View attachment 123321 Mine arrived too. Pretty ordinary to look at -- metal in excellent shape, great bore and rifling but the stock is pretty beat. I've been looking for a refinish project and I think this will be it. Cleaned it up quickly (no cosmoline to speak of) and got it out to the range to make few (few dozen is more like it) fireballs! Nice shooter.

Attachments

• M44 Fireball.jpg
      M44 Fireball.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 330
    • Mosin M44.jpg
      Mosin M44.jpg
      28.6 KB · Views: 346
    • 1-IMG_0890-001.JPG
      1-IMG_0890-001.JPG
      14.3 KB · Views: 338

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    View attachment 123321 Mine arrived too. Pretty ordinary to look at -- metal in excellent shape, great bore and rifling but the stock is pretty beat. I've been looking for a refinish project and I think this will be it. Cleaned it up quickly (no cosmoline to speak of) and got it out to the range to make few (few dozen is more like it) fireballs! Nice shooter.

Awesome pic! Do you just film a video and grab the particular frame to get the fireball pic?

Getting more and more tempted to grab one of these. There's a battle going on in my brain right now between a Yugo M48 or 24/47, a Chinese Type 56, and one of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom