• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Very cool. I wonder how SB281 will effect these. No folding stock, no "copycat" weapon.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    "We cannot guarantee how quickly a customer will be able to purchase one because the demand is 50 times the supply ."

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Over-all length I believe needs to be under 29"...so it will be banned due to that. At least - as far as I can remember.

N O T ___ G O I N G ___ T O ___ B E ___ F U C K I N G ___ B A N N E D !

So put a bayonet or an extended flash hider on it.

Add a shoulder thingie that goes up (ala M1A)

Screw it, SBR it or pin a suppressor to it, and call it a day!

So many ways to NOT worry about the Tavor getting baned.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    N O T ___ G O I N G ___ T O ___ B E ___ F U C K I N G ___ B A N N E D !

So put a bayonet or an extended flash hider on it.

Add a shoulder thingie that goes up (ala M1A)

Screw it, SBR it or pin a suppressor to it, and call it a day!

So many ways to NOT worry about the Tavor getting baned.

The stock configuration for both the 16.5" and 18" versions WILL BE BANNED based on the over-all length being less than 29 inches, as the law calls a "semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches" a copycat weapon.

For the average law-abiding citizen who doesn't want to have to jump through lots of hoops, get your Tavor before Oct 1...

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    One more "thanks" for dc44!

P1050239 (535x800).jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    The stock configuration for both the 16.5" and 18" versions WILL BE BANNED based on the over-all length being less than 29 inches, as the law calls a "semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches" a copycat weapon.

For the average law-abiding citizen who doesn't want to have to jump through lots of hoops, get your Tavor before Oct 1...

Or just get the 18" version and have your FFL pin & weld a longer flashider to bring it to the legal 29" OAL. Not a lot of hoops. Just a longer flashider, a pin ,and a spot weld.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    Or just get the 18" version and have your FFL pin & weld a longer flashider to bring it to the legal 29" OAL. Not a lot of hoops. Just a longer flashider, a pin ,and a spot weld.

From what I can tell a MD FFL will not be able to receive a banned rifle. So the flash hider would need to be installed before the transfer into MD. Not a lot more difficult and I expect this will be common.

Interesting note. The OAL is actually 27.125". The stated 26.25" must be without the flash hider.

Last edited:

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    but the Tavor is not on the regulated list so why would you need to buy it in the state. Since it is cash and carry, just buy it in a nother state like a shotgun. Or am i wrong in this assumption?

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    but the Tavor is not on the regulated list so why would you need to buy it in the state. Since it is cash and carry, just buy it in a nother state like a shotgun. Or am i wrong in this assumption?

4–303.
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:
    (1) transport an assault [pistol] WEAPON into the State; or
    (2) possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault [pistol] WEAPON

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

Nothing in the law says it has to be pinned or welded. You could tape a twizzler to the end of it, and as long as it was over 29" OAL, it's legal.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Nothing in the law says it has to be pinned or welded. You could tape a twizzler to the end of it, and as long as it was over 29" OAL, it's legal.

As I understand the new law I agree.

However if someone purchases a Tavor out of state after 10/1 and tapes a Twizzler to it and brings it into Md and then eats said Twizzler I believe it would then be illegal to possess that firearm.

Under that thought process taking a stock off of virtually any long gun purchased after 10/1 for cleaning would be illegal.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    4–303.
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:
    (1) transport an assault [pistol] WEAPON into the State; or
    (2) possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault [pistol] WEAPON

But (at this point) it is not an assault weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom