• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Started carrying this week. I didn't realize just how comfortable I have been since the 'rona hit....sweatpants/sweatshirt or gym shorts/t-shirt EVERY day. I even wear them when running errands (never would have done that pre-covid). Now it's layered shirts, tight belts, shorts/pants with more heft to them....this is going to take some getting used-to!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep. carrying is insurance, and just like home and auto insurance, there is some pain involved. instead of paying insurance premiums, to carry you endure a little pain in terms of discomfort, dressing around the gun, etc. and of course in MD, paying (and wasting a weekend) for a 16 hour course and $75 permit fee, plus fingerprinting etc.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm glad to hear someone else bring up the comfort level. I hear some say they forget they're carrying. Not me. Even when it's a LCP in my pocket...I know it's there.
    It's a sacrifice and compromise I'm willing to make, but I can't imagine trying to conceal a Beretta 92 or 686.
    The substantial belt is the key for me.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Started carrying this week. I didn't realize just how comfortable I have been since the 'rona hit....sweatpants/sweatshirt or gym shorts/t-shirt EVERY day. I even wear them when running errands (never would have done that pre-covid). Now it's layered shirts, tight belts, shorts/pants with more heft to them....this is going to take some getting used-to!
    I'm retired, I think I've put on real clothes maybe twice in the last six years. Even once I get my permit I doubt I will go back to wearing real clothes much. Belly band works great under sweats, carry bag if I'm just playing taxi driver for the family where I basically wait in car. Trying to decide if I should get a leather pancake holster for the few times I actually get dressed or maybe a shoulder rig that I can make work with sweats. These days its all about comfort.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Can still carry in shorts/sweatpants with a drawstring. I replaced the belt clip with a Ulticlip on a AIWB holster I have for my CW380. I carry this when working out hiking/biking, tried a belly band, which is maybe a little better running, but not as comfortable or easy to use. Between the tiny 10oz pistol and the clip that secures to basically any pants, or the minimalist pocket holster, it's easy to carry just about everywhere. Can see this setup dwarfed by a P365 in a pocket holster.

Attachments

• 20220711_081804.jpg
      20220711_081804.jpg
      264.4 KB · Views: 120
    • 20220922_145913.jpg
      20220922_145913.jpg
      296.8 KB · Views: 125

clarencehenherder

MDS Supporter
    Aug 19, 2013
    Sussex County, Delaware
    I’m in Delaware and have been carrying for years. It’s nice now to be able to cross into Maryland.

I carry OWB ( outside the waistband). It’s comfortable and I have quick access that thank God I have never needed to use.

As a new carrier I was somewhat worried about “printing” but quickly realized that most all people do not have a clue

I like longer untucked shirts and a good leather belt at about 3 o’clock or 3:30 with a pancake holster.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’m in Delaware and have been carrying for years. It’s nice now to be able to cross into Maryland.

I carry OWB ( outside the waistband). It’s comfortable and I have quick access that thank God I have never needed to use.

As a new carrier I was somewhat worried about “printing” but quickly realized that most all people do not have a clue

I like longer untucked shirts and a good leather belt at about 3 o’clock or 3:30 with a pancake holster.

How long did it take to get your MD permit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Not trying to sell an alternate method, just sharing my experience. I've been using shoulder holster rigs for more than a decade. Dark tee shirt with a dark/patterned over shirt. Very discrete, and ultra comfortable, with the benefit of excellent access while driving. My recent CCW trainers all used Phlster Enigma self-supporting IWB holsters with full size pistols, and I'm trying to get used to that method as well. I'm still not completely comfortable with a pistol pointing at my junk, but I'm working on it. I will say that because this system has its own belt for support (definitely recommend the wider sport belt) it's free to ride up and down with body position, so it moves up when sitting. Like Docster, I removed the leg leash and so far it seems to be working just fine.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Can still carry in shorts/sweatpants with a drawstring. I replaced the belt clip with a Ulticlip on a AIWB holster I have for my CW380. I carry this when working out hiking/biking, tried a belly band, which is maybe a little better running, but not as comfortable or easy to use. Between the tiny 10oz pistol and the clip that secures to basically any pants, or the minimalist pocket holster, it's easy to carry just about everywhere. Can see this setup dwarfed by a P365 in a pocket holster.
    I clearly need a smaller gun

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    You apparently let yourself go during Covid…lol. I started wearing shorts for the first time in a long time during Covid. I’ve never been a sweatpants type of person. I own a whole bunch, they sit at the top of my closet with my gym shorts. I bought everything up there telling myself I was going to get in shape. Might of worn everything on that shelf once just to try it on. Lol

Stop shopping at Abercrombie & Fitch.
    You just need a semi loose shirt that is long enough. No need to layer. Don’t get me wrong… I had to buy some new t-shirts but they were due to be retired. From a decade of washing them, they weren’t exactly the same size as the size of the tag anymore. Lol

I honestly do forget sometimes I have a gun on me but I’m at the stage of… “oh shit, did it fall out or something”. I’m guessing I’m getting used to carrying and I am physiologically almost adjusted to the feel of the extra weight and holster. I literally carry all day. I work from home and go into the office once a month if I feel like it. In fact, went in the other day and thought to myself that my holster is a pain to get off my belt and jeans, now I remember why I don’t go into the office unless it’s necessary.

The tight belt is annoying at times. Before I wore the belt just tight enough so my pants wouldn’t completely fall of my ass.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I understand the Enigma holster system to be a good choice for wear under "comfortable" clothing like scrubs.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I generally wear jeans, but on the days I wear shorts/sweatpants, I carry my tiny sccy cpx-2. The gun is ugly, but reliable and small enough to be carried with just a drawstring on sweatpants.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    I'm retired, I think I've put on real clothes maybe twice in the last six years. Even once I get my permit I doubt I will go back to wearing real clothes much. Belly band works great under sweats, carry bag if I'm just playing taxi driver for the family where I basically wait in car. Trying to decide if I should get a leather pancake holster for the few times I actually get dressed or maybe a shoulder rig that I can make work with sweats. These days its all about comfort.

I got a shoulder rig to wear under a hoodie and sweatpants or shorts

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    For any of you out there young and chasing tail or just enjoy looking good you can still wear fitted clothes and conceal without looking like your dad.

I've been carrying appendix a glock32 357sig(same size as a glock19/23) in DC for 3 years now.

I carried a vedder light tuck for a while..i modified it with gel padding to ease it off my skin.
    I'm dabbling with muddy river leather now for the glock 36 when sitting at my damn desk and future MD carry.

Pgas32

Mar 10, 2015
    Cecil
    Check out Remora Holsters. They use a grippy material that makes them great for gym shorts or sweats - I've been using one with my 43 for years in DE and elsewhere. If I am wearing gym shorts I'll actually tuck the holster into my briefs to make sure everything stays secure. I carry at 3 o'clock, wouldn't necessarily recommend this method at 12 o'clock...

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    That thought has been very much on my mind. I haven’t applied yet but we’re retired and I practically live in sweats. The clothes I wear out and about sound similar to what you say.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Not trying to sell an alternate method, just sharing my experience. I've been using shoulder holster rigs for more than a decade. Dark tee shirt with a dark/patterned over shirt. Very discrete, and ultra comfortable, with the benefit of excellent access while driving. My recent CCW trainers all used Phlster Enigma self-supporting IWB holsters with full size pistols, and I'm trying to get used to that method as well. I'm still not completely comfortable with a pistol pointing at my junk, but I'm working on it. I will say that because this system has its own belt for support (definitely recommend the wider sport belt) it's free to ride up and down with body position, so it moves up when sitting. Like Docster, I removed the leg leash and so far it seems to be working just fine.
    I picked up an Enigma and set it up for my CZ Rami; it definitely wants to aim at my tender areas. It looks like I'll need a wedge to tuck the grip in and get the barrel pointing away from my body. Two o'clock will probably be my comfort spot.

Phlster just came up with a wedge kit on their site; I'm hoping I can use it to get the ergonomics right. I think some of their holsters have the wedge built in, but I had to use a different brand, and adapt it for the Enigma setup.

Now that the weather's turning frosty, OWB solutions are looking more manageable. I'm also looking into a shoulder rig.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I just received my permit and started carrying as of the weekend, but so far I haven't had to change what I typically wear. I like wearing light and comfortable athletic type clothes.

I got a Crossbreed liberty band that I wear in place of a belt under my shorts or pants waistband. I currently use an Alien Gear IWB, but also have a Vedder light tuck on the way once the order comes through.

So far this method has worked well for me with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom