IT. IS. ALIVE!(In my best Dr. Frankenstein voice)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    My first shootable round!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 406

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    It took a while to do all the measuring and die changing for one round. I'll start doing them in batches, now that I have done one, so I don't have to keep changing the dies.
    My boy was excited to help, except with the powder, which he made sure to tell me was my job haha

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Thanks, Diesel-man

It's actually a .223... I will be loading 30-06 soon though!

See, that's where the finger comes in for "scale". I could see that the neck was not long enough to be 270 Win. My mirror says "objects are larger than they appear"...

:party29:

On_Target

Feb 7, 2013
    Welcome to the Club!!!

I hope you enjoy the esoteric art of reloading for many a decade.
    Welcome aboard!!!

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    Nice. Have you checked that it loaded in your rifle yet?

No. Not yet. I'll be too tempted to crank off a round in the basement, which will really piss the wife off haha.

The brass was first shot in my rifle, and I've compared the finished measurements to a factory round so it should be gtg

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i just reloaded my first 50, and only 1 squib :blush:! it was 9mm though. the scariest thing ive done ever was pull the trigger on that first round lol

On_Target

Feb 7, 2013
    i just reloaded my first 50, and only 1 squib :blush:! it was 9mm though. the scariest thing ive done ever was pull the trigger on that first round lol

We're so proud of you. Way to work through your fear. I saw a thompson SMG at the lab that had 9 squids back to back stacked down the length of the barrel. I don't know the details but that idea sort of stuck with me as a definite pro for a semiauto carbine sized firearm. Squibs are soooo scary. I weigh every batch of cartridges before I use them to catch light loads. Good luck and have a great time. 9mm is so much fun to reload. I have two lee progressives side by side, one for each hand set up for 9mm. It moves quickly between feedings. Give it hell!

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    We're so proud of you. Way to work through your fear. I saw a thompson SMG at the lab that had 9 squids back to back stacked down the length of the barrel. I don't know the details but that idea sort of stuck with me as a definite pro for a semiauto carbine sized firearm. Squibs are soooo scary. I weigh every batch of cartridges before I use them to catch light loads. Good luck and have a great time. 9mm is so much fun to reload. I have two lee progressives side by side, one for each hand set up for 9mm. It moves quickly between feedings. Give it hell!

ive seen that picture ;). i had a few jams, and everytime it happened i pulled out a flash light, and checked the barrel. thank g-d for safety precautions :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom