Is this what will happen when the police are defunded?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Coward County. Same people who sat there as a school got shot up and let other agencies handle their business.

czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    If the deputies cannot come up with a real, valid reason for standing around when help was needed, fire them. The average salary for a deputy sheriff in Ft. Lauderdale is $76,000 a year.

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    can't believe some sites want people to pay for news....

at any rate, did they ever explain why police didn't show up?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    When you get your news for free, you're getting the quality and accuracy you're paying for.

Really? You think paywalled sites are accurate?

Pro tip: if you use chromium based browsers, install "quick javascript switcher." It adds a button that lets you turn javascript on and off for the site you are viewing. Stops a lot of annoying ads, auto-play (looking at you foxnews.com with your videos that have nothing to do with the story in question), the "oh, you're running an ad blocker, turn it off to continue" scripts, and paywalls.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    :thumbsup:

I changed my post to be more generic. The press (all of them) spoon-feed the story/narrative they want, not necessarily "accurate" news.

At least if I'm a paying customer, there's some incentive for the provider to cater to my interests, even if they don't always say what I want to hear. In the case of "free" media, somebody is paying their costs, and that is whose message is being presented, overtly or clandestinely, in the media product. It doesn't bother me that I disagree with some stories I read, that's why I if something particularly interests me, I try to get information on it from multiple sources, and different points of view. Layer them together and you can get close to ground truth.

The most dangerous information sources are those which feed you propaganda wrapped in a coating of opinion you strongly agree with.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    At least if I'm a paying customer, there's some incentive for the provider to cater to my interests, even if they don't always say what I want to hear. In the case of "free" media, somebody is paying their costs, and that is whose message is being presented, overtly or clandestinely, in the media product. It doesn't bother me that I disagree with some stories I read, that's why I if something particularly interests me, I try to get information on it from multiple sources, and different points of view. I read to be informed, not feed my confirmation biases.

The Baltimore Sun only allows a couple views per month before thry start charging.
    :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom