• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I got my hands on some old .22 ammo and am trying to figure out if I should squirrel it away, sell it or shoot it. I don't have the slightest bit of knowledge about collectible ammunition.

4 full and 1 partial brick of Montgomery Wards high speed 22 lr. My research indicates that this packaging is from the 1970's and cartridges are stamped "F" for Federal.

1 partial brick of Winchester wildcat.

3 boxes of Peters target .22. Has the names DuPont and Remington on the packaging. "P" headstamps if I remember correctly, I took these pictures before my full dosage of coffee this morning.

So... What do I have?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401976152.913141.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401976165.213591.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401976175.950385.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's all collectible. We're not talking big money, but you might as well cash in while new 22LR is still priced to the moon. I would ask $10 per 50-rd box.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    It's all collectible. We're not talking big money, but you might as well cash in while new 22LR is still priced to the moon. I would ask $10 per 50-rd box.

I like the sound of that! Now to decide whether or not to keep all of it, just because it's cool. Definitely keeping a few boxes.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ah, I'd shoot it (other than what what you want to keep for collectibles sake)

You could sell it for a markup (have to find people who want it) and you know what you'd do with the $, turn around and try to score some new 22LR :D

Probably wind up buying back less rounds after shipping etc.

Plink away!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I would buy one box of each of them off of you. They would look good setting on my shelf. I have recently developed an interest in old ammo boxes. PM me if you want to sell me one of each. Thanks.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Curious about who made the MW ammo. How are they headstamped?

Federal.

Ok, I'm seriously considering selling, but don't want to turn this into a fire sale thread. If I come to the final decision to sell, I'll will post it up in the classifieds. The couple of you who have expressed interest will get first dibs, but in accordance with MDS rules, the sale listing will go in the appropriate place. I am not available this weekend anyway, so look for a possible listing early next week.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When you were a kid, they were trash.

And if everyone had kept them, they would not be worth anything. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom