• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Been hoping to pick up a 45 as my second pistol, but I'm not too keen on 1911s. From what I have seen of the 227 online it will perfectly match the handling of my 226 9mm and I got to hold one at the Nations show today and it felt like an old friend. My local store doesn't carry em yet and wasn't even sure if they were possible for purchase in MD yet. So anyone found em and have impressions on where to nab one?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Thanks! 1 Q down, 2 to go! =)

Call or check out the IP page to see if any of them have one available.

if not, some online sites you can purchase from are:
    gunbroker
    kentucky gun co
    tombstone tactical
    etc.

sometimes i use slickguns search. Even if the ad picture shows out of stock/expired. Once you click it you can see vendors that may have it in stock and at what price.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I looked at one at the Gun Connection about 3 weeks ago. I have a 228 so I know what you mean about your 226, but you better have hands larger than mine - the 227 is a real fatty in the grip.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    That is the only gun that might have me get an HQL but I have too much on my plate for that to happen any time soon. (unless I sell my USP....doubtful)

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    2Asales had one as of yesterday - it felt pretty close to 226 in ergos

I picked one up at a gun show then the 226 and the 227 felt a lot fatter in the grip to me. I wanted this to be my next 45 but after handling it, I don't think so.

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Pretty sure it's basically a double stack 220 so you get 10 + 1 rounds

And they have a 14+1 extended magazine soon to hit dealers everywhere cept MD.

Again I haven't shot a 227 yet but I've got pretty meaty hands and it felt good at the show, more so than any of the other 45s I handled. I shot a low end 1911 at my local range over the weekend and hated it.

I was gonna go to 2a today to check em out but work intervened, guess I will head there on Saturday.

I should mention that the one I want is the Equinox, which doesn't seem to be on their website.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYiadBsIKs8

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Having a heck of a time finding an Equinox, if anyone sees one at a local FFL please let me know!!!!

Kadath

Sep 30, 2013
    Too late, bought and paid for. Pick up Monday. Thanks for the input tho! Have several friends who love the 220, I wanted the double stack tho!

The only good thing about the 8 day wait? My order from BulkAmmo needed a few days to deliver anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom