• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Back to is the 2nd dead? No, it's not. Our Supreme Court justices understand everything that's at stake if the dems try to pack it. Who really thinks the five good justices are going to affirm any democrat party attempts at packing the court? And Manchin might be a democrat but he won't go along with enlarging the court either.

And say Harris Biden issue an executive order harming gun rights. All we need is a single Trump judge anywhere to nullify it just like Obama and Clinton judges have been doing to Trump for four years.

You can look in Justice Barrett's eyes and tell how she will decide Second Amendment cases. She is a true America Patriot.

I think we'll get a good feel for the court's new composition based on how they handle Clement's current NY carry case. If they grant cert, it will be a shot across the bow of gun control nationwide, but also could embolden those who want to add Justices to act immediately. If they let it wither on the vine, we're looking at a very long two or four years.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I think gun control is now a sure thing because dems are treating this as their trump card to justify anything, and because all the rights talk of guns being for killing tyrants suddenly became very real.
    Basically the ignorant left comments of "your guns are for fighting tyranny? What's your ar15 going to do against an apache" realized the people storming the capitol could have done muuuuuuuuch more if they came in blastin.

Blatantly stealing an election by getting states to ignore their own voting laws, stopping counts only to have miraculous numbers when resuming, and scaring the courts to not even want to hear the evidence, etc probably emboldened them a wee bit.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think gun control is now a sure thing because dems are treating this as their trump card to justify anything, and because all the rights talk of guns being for killing tyrants suddenly became very real.
    Basically the ignorant left comments of "your guns are for fighting tyranny? What's your ar15 going to do against an apache" realized the people storming the capitol could have done muuuuuuuuch more if they came in blastin.

What they need to hear is a cautionary tale that Wednesday WAS the peaceful action in comparison to what would happen if they decide to use Bracken's books for a template.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    What they need to hear is a cautionary tale that Wednesday WAS the peaceful action in comparison to what would happen if they decide to use Bracken's books for a template.

Most people think the extreme won't happen, so even warnings like that generally fall on deaf ears. Hence, we get things like the MGA ignoring gun owners.

Now, if a state were to experience more than peaceful resistance, warnings at the national level might get some ear time.

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    Is 2A dead? No, but it's on life support seemingly in a coma. This reminds me of a conversation I had with ATF many years ago when I was first getting into NFA stuff. I was trying to understand why suppressors and MGs were classified the same in terms of licensing since operationally they couldn't be more different. They told me to call congress if I wanted that answer since he was there to enforce the regulation and policy... not to define it. That was all I needed to hear. The 2A will never die per se but it will be neutered by more regulations which have the effective force of law. This way when 2A is permanently in an iron lung the left can still point it from their self-righteous perches and sanctimoniously claim it's still alive. See... it's still fogging a mirror..

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I think we'll get a good feel for the court's new composition based on how they handle Clement's current NY carry case. If they grant cert, it will be a shot across the bow of gun control nationwide, but also could embolden those who want to add Justices to act immediately. If they let it wither on the vine, we're looking at a very long two or four years.

What makes you think this is all about composition. Roberts and Kennedy voted for Heller, McDonald and Caetano. They took the NYSRPA case, but none of the others. The NYSRPA case was different from the others because there was essentially no evidence supporting the governments position. I do not see any such differences in the NY carry case. It seems much like all the other rejected cases.

What is it about the NY carry case that is different from all the other cases that were rejected?

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

Wednesday was not peaceful. As of right now the lack of peacefulness seemed to have destroyed any positive narrative. The narrative seems to be about the violence rather than why everyone was there.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    What makes you think this is all about composition. Roberts and Kennedy voted for Heller, McDonald and Caetano. They took the NYSRPA case, but none of the others. The NYSRPA case was different from the others because there was essentially no evidence supporting the governments position. I do not see any such differences in the NY carry case. It seems much like all the other rejected cases.

What is it about the NY carry case that is different from all the other cases that were rejected?

Because now Thomas doesn't need Roberts, he can push for all the theories he had previously included in dissents from denial of cert, while Kavanaugh or Gorsuch is now the weak link to get to five.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Wednesday was not peaceful. As of right now the lack of peacefulness seemed to have destroyed any positive narrative. The narrative seems to be about the violence rather than why everyone was there.

My point is that it was peaceful in comparison to what would happen.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Because now Thomas doesn't need Roberts, he can push for all the theories he had previously included in dissents from denial of cert, while Kavanaugh or Gorsuch is now the weak link to get to five.

Thomas' 2A dissents have not gotten more than one other justice to join them. If you read them closely, he never really addresses the reasons why the lower court gets the decisions wrong.

Kavanaugh and Gorsuch vote with Roberts more than they vote with Thomas. Kavanaugh and Roberts have the highest agreement rate among the justices.
    https://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Justice-agreement-7.20.20.pdf

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

Attachments

• congress-storming-protesters-house-chamber-ap-640x480.jpg
      congress-storming-protesters-house-chamber-ap-640x480.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 651

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    My point is that it was peaceful in comparison to what would happen.

I think you missed my point which was that if your protest works against your interests and in facie of your adversary, you are protesting not for yourself, but for your adversary.

The last part of this video may explain it better.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think you missed my point which was that if your protest works against your interests and in facie of your adversary, you are protesting not for yourself, but for your adversary.

and once again, what I am trying to convey is that if they keep pushing, it is NOT going to be a protest either in intent or practice. It will make January 6 pale in comparison.

I am neither advocating for it nor hoping for it. I am simply stating what will happen. This transcends strategy and speaks to how violence begets violence.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой

Wow hard to watch and stopped before 2 min. Could care less about his opinions. Sounds like a canuck and would care even less.

ThePirate

May 26, 2010
    Ringgold area
    It will take more than Congress and the President to change the Constitution. Any change needs to be approved by a 2/3 vote in the states. THAT will be a tough nut to crack.

You are wrong. All they have to do is pack the Supreme Court with activist judges, the Constitution permits this.
    Then they can pass whatever they want and the activist on the court will say that it is just fine.
    As it stands now the Constitution is a "Dead Man Walking."
    The Free Speech and Freedom to Worship part of the First Amendment is already gone.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    You are wrong. All they have to do is pack the Supreme Court with activist judges, the Constitution permits this.
    Then they can pass whatever they want and the activist on the court will say that it is just fine.
    As it stands now the Constitution is a "Dead Man Walking."
    The Free Speech and Freedom to Worship part of the First Amendment is already gone.

Let’s face it Democrats are just better at this than Republicans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom