Is Norinco ndm-86 still legal in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    I see "Dragunov Chinese made semi-auto" is on the assault weapon list.

Does it mean Norinco ndm-86 is not legal to purchase/own in Maryland?

Thanks.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Most likely, the Dragunov has different internals than an AK, and the Chinese copied the Russian version, hence why it is labeled on the ban list.

Q

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    ndm-86 is a dragonov copy and therefore banned from transfer. illegal to possess unless you owned it before Oct 2013.

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    a guy told me "Just so you know,the gun can be converted so a maryland resident can own it..let me know if you are wiling to proceed so i can explain to you how that is possible"

Do you believe this?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    a guy told me "Just so you know,the gun can be converted so a maryland resident can own it..let me know if you are wiling to proceed so i can explain to you how that is possible"

Do you believe this?

Seems legit...... NOT. I would seriously walk away quickly. If the wants you to buy first and THEN tell you how to make it legal...... a red flag, red flashing light, klaxon alarm, and other warning systems should be going off.

Walk away, just walk away.

Q

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Do you believe this?

its a copy (specific legal term under md law) of the dragonov, and shares interchangeable internal components. there is no converting it into something else that is md legal.

either the seller misunderstands md law, or is trying to trick you.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Do you believe this?

I believe that guy is an idiot dumbass who is baiting you to do something illegal, or to ruin a rare firearm.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    its a copy (specific legal term under md law) of the dragonov, and shares interchangeable internal components. there is no converting it into something else that is md legal.

either the seller misunderstands md law, or is trying to trick you.

The NDM is the banned gun specified in MD law; a SVD would fall as the "copy". This goes back way before 2013

There is NO SUCH THING as an MD compliant NDM or SVD

The only MD compliant NDM would be one with the receiver cut in half.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Do you believe this?

Yeah, I would at least ask ... I'd like to hear the BS just for entertainment

If its anything other than 100% BS, he's thinking MD & CA have the exact same laws ... and is an idiot - or maybe the UK law that lets Brits have one converted to manual operation; still an idiot - MD is not CA or UK. MD does not let you have a functioning NDM/SVD receiver in any form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom