• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Will the rut last until firearms season opens, or will it be done before then? I will be in western maryland, greenridge. I don't know if the geography matters.

To quote Dr Alseimer, it's a marathon, not a sprint. There will be highs and lows through November and December. Look forward to the next full moon in December. Things will pick back up then.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well up until today, I have only been seeing the bucks at night. Today, not 30 mins before pulling my cards and refilling the corn, I see these two.
    These are the first bucks on camera during the day following the does that are frequenting the property.
    Biggest problem I have is having TIME TO HUNT! something keeps getting in the way I saw the solunar calendar was peaking today but I have to get to Son's practice so he can have team pictures so bummer for me. 4 does and 2 bucks came by the stand today between 4:00 and 5:15 the local does were walking away just before I pulled the cards.

Attachments

• MFDC4486.jpg
      MFDC4486.jpg
      77.4 KB · Views: 171

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Wed evening a spike came into the clearing in front of us at 30 yds, so far it's the only deer we've seen in the stand. I put more corn out and found 5 fresh scrapes nearby. I'm wanting to get my boy up early tomorrow but..... I am developing an extreme dislike for middle school age kids.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Pulled my card today and have a few pictures of bucks cruising in the day time. I saw one yesterday, smaller buck around 4pm and got him to come into about 75 yds with a doe bleat before he lost interest.

Attachments

• 672.jpg
      672.jpg
      114.3 KB · Views: 133

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The Rut Is Now!

This guy answered a doe can bleat. Saw him running around out in the hay field. I have virtually few to no does on 'my farm', so the bucks were just running all over hell. Anyhoo, he stopped about 60yds away so I rolled the 'can' over one time and he busted into the woods and headed straight for me. Stuck him at 19yds.

The bucks are really getting fired up right now. Full moon last night means the does will start their cycles. The rut is now!

Attachments

• 9point2.jpg
      9point2.jpg
      129.7 KB · Views: 116

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My phone just reminded me, today is the year anniversary of taking my biggest buck with a bow. Something to think about...

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    This guy answered a doe can bleat. Saw him running around out in the hay field. I have virtually few to no does on 'my farm', so the bucks were just running all over hell. Anyhoo, he stopped about 60yds away so I rolled the 'can' over one time and he busted into the woods and headed straight for me. Stuck him at 19yds.

The bucks are really getting fired up right now. Full moon last night means the does will start their cycles. The rut is now!

Nice job brother :thumbsup:

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford

Nice Buck!
    Just had a nice 8 walk in front of my truck in our neighborhood.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

Nice buck!

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Nice Buck(s)!!

The ones around me have been nocturnal. Saw a spike today, at my feeder, in broad daylight. Tons of rubs and a couple scrapes. Waiting for Big Bubba!

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Beautiful bucks! Congrats to all! I've only been out twice the whole season and passed up a small 6pt. Gotta make some time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom