• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    I was riding my bike on a country road out here in Iowa and saw some car parts on the side of the road. In the ditch was a nice 8 point buck.

Is there a way I can get the antlers off without messing them up? I want to use them for rattling etc. They felt like they were on there pretty solidly. There's also water in the ditch and it's snowing today so it may be awhile till I can get at it.

Hack saw, make sure you cut UNDER the bur. If you're serious about rattling with them, you might cut the G-1s off too. Your knuckles will thank you.

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    My bro works for Ha. Co. Roads, he said in years past it was nothing to pick-up 6 road kills during rut, a day. This year, 6 total.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My bro works for Ha. Co. Roads, he said in years past it was nothing to pick-up 6 road kills during rut, a day. This year, 6 total.

I know what he's talking about. I've only seen 3 deer on the side of the road. One with it's head cut off, so my guess it was a nice rack. The deer have disappeared on my property and the trail cameras aren't showing them at night either. They must have gone further into the woods like they did last year.

Oh well, it's been a slow hunting season. Hopefully later will be better.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I saw couple what looked like doe running around in a field. They werent being chase by any buck they were just out having fun I think? not far from them I watched a flock of 30+ turkey :)

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Step son shot at a spike last night, complete miss :(

Pretty sure this is the buck I saw walking in my driveway yesterday morning. Pulled the trail cam and he has been around for a few weeks. Looks like a decent 6pt...can't see brow tines.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Step son shot at a spike last night, complete miss :(

Pretty sure this is the buck I saw walking in my driveway yesterday morning. Pulled the trail cam and he has been around for a few weeks. Looks like a decent 6pt...can't see brow tines.

Let him walk; he'll be more better next year.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I will if I get the chance, but mainly I'm a meat hunter, so a big brown deer that walks by is my first priority.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    dark deer.jpg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I couldnt see the tarsal glands but I saw a nice buck this evening when I took the dog out to go piss...it ran down the hill bout 400+yds and stood broadside..:sad20:maybe next year I'll get a second tag and get two bucks:innocent0;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom