Is everybody ready for the coming Snowpocalypse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    To be prepared my wife wanted to make sure our 2 year old daughter's snow suit fit the other night so she had her try it on. Now my daughter keeps pointing out the window asking when the big snow will come. She was disappointed over the weekend when the little dusting we got went away an hour later.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The local weather-guessers are fanning the fires on this one to drum up viewers, but if you look at national forecasting, (soothsaying), we are only supposed to get a rain/snow mix with temps being 34+ degrees Friday and Saturday.

Move on, nothing to see here.

Stfu Debbie downer. Iteotwawki. ;)

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=187964

already a thread on this.

Actually, never mind. You are talking about preparedness and the storm.

I plan to fill the car with gas. And the bathtub with hot water when I see the first snowflake.

I've read this elsewhere about the tub with hot water...why? What does this do besides waste hot water? Your after heater will keep it hotter much longer than it will keep warm in the tub...

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I've read this elsewhere about the tub with hot water...why? What does this do besides waste hot water? Your after heater will keep it hotter much longer than it will keep warm in the tub...

If you lose power and heat, the hot water in the tub will radiate heat for, maybe an hour. Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Man the "Eastern Shore" must have grown. All these Western Shore people posting in the Eastern Shore forum about snow:lol2::lol2::lol2:

If our roads get plowed it's because a farmer did it. Western Shore people:sad20::sad20: Want some marsh rabbit?:D

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    It took me over an hour (2x normal) to get home tonight and I left work after 10pm!

That's what one inch did...can't wait for 12-24!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It took me over an hour (2x normal) to get home tonight and I left work after 10pm!

That's what one inch did...can't wait for 12-24!

Plan on either spending the night or waiting until all the traffic has gotten where it is going before you start. And make sure you have a full tank because you will find the abandoned cars in the middle of the road that didn't.

Been there and done that in Maryland.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

I'm not sure, I just read that recently and started passing it along. Maybe because it's hot it will radiate heat passively over a period of time if your power goes out. Also will take longer for it to freeze if your house gets below freezing. Might add a little more humidity inside your residence. Normally in the winter the air is dryer, and you need to try to keep your humidity inside between ~40-60% ideally. Any other advantages???

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just received this a few minutes ago:

This is the Anne Arundel County Office of Emergency Management with an important preparedness message.

Due to impending severe winter weather, we would like to remind you to please take inventory of items in your home needed during emergencies (such as non-perishable food, batteries, water, blankets, etc.) and begin planning for this weekend. Make sure that if you require prescription medication, or care for someone that does, that they have enough supply for a few days, in case pharmacies would be inaccessible. Storms of this nature with accumulating snowfall and high winds have the potential to leave some homes without power for extended periods of time; therefore planning for alternate heat sources is advisable.

If you are responsible for the care of elderly family members or neighbors, please be mindful that weather of this type can be particularly stressful. Check in on your neighbors, and make sure they have enough supplies or are assisted with the clearing of snow from walks and driveways. This is particularly helpful to emergency responders in case there would be a medical emergency at some point during the inclement weather.

Lastly, please keep your eye on weather forecasts, public information, and warnings. Make sure cell phones and back up batteries are charged.

Captain Katie Goodwin
    Anne Arundel County Police

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    They are calling for 18-24 inches around here. May as well be a zombie apocalypse! Hope you guys are ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom