IP with Acusport ACU-1234R in stock or order?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    I was looking online for Ruger 10/22 variations and dealers with guns in stock and found this:

http://www.notjustguns.com/model-1022-light-varmint-target-rifle-long-rifle-inch-p-30074.html

Do any of our IP's have one of these in stock? Do any of our IP's carry Acusport products?

My use of the gun will be to mount a 3 to 9 x 40 scope or similar and target shoot. I found this gun interesting because it has a "mid weight" barrel my wife may have an easier time holding than a heavy barrel version, and the 20 inch rather than 18.5 inch barrel (maybe a bit more accurate?).

It also comes with a recoil pad, and a trigger enhancement.

We are new to target shooting, so I would really like to be able to find one of these for her to hold before we buy.

Hatter

Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    After the lack of responses, and re-reading the OP, let me add the following:

I would PREFER to buy locally, not online. Not only is the total cost less due to lack of transfer fees, but I also like the idea of supporting a local Maryland shop - preferably an MDS IP.

The point was not to try to gun on for size locally and then buy online.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I have no idea who has one in stock.

But just one comment on your first post.

A 20" barrel is not necessarily more accurate than an 18". Especially when talking about the .22lr.

Actually the shorter barrels are generally more accurate.

The longer barrel gives you a longer sight radius with iron sights which usually makes it easier to shoot well. But it does nothing when you put a scope on it.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I sell lots of items obtained from Acusport.

Just checked, they have none in stock, though they have been getting Ruger stuff much more regularly these days.

Hatter

Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    Thanks for the replies!

In re the longer barrel - I am hoping to get the wife comfortable shooting with a scope to build confidence, and then move to the iron sights. Thanks for the information.

I will keep in touch with the A1 shop about the AcuSport items, but would also consider a used 10/22. I will keep hunting around until a deal that looks good drops.

Again, thanks for the responses - I have gotten a lot of help from folks on here. Best forum I have found in the area!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom