• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • travismxi

Nov 14, 2010
    What guns that are modertly priced now(under 1k) do you all think will increase in value the most? I know from when i started collecting to now used guns are selling for more then what i bought a few new for. just curious.

Im thinking when the cmp runs out of m1's their value will increase.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Buy a bunch of roughly $800 Dollar HBAR AR-15's. If Obama gets reeloected bam $700 dollar profit on each and every one.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Ten years ago I could pick up matching 98K's for $500. Not now. I'm not sure about rifles but there are blue chip pistols that keep going up. German made PPK, Lugers, early Colts and Smith & Wessons.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Class III automatic firearms are probably a better investment if you have $15k+ to lock up for a while.

Personally, I have my money wrapped up in tulips and Beanie Babies. :thumbsup:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    3 or 4 years ago you could find a PSL for $500 ... $900 is more common today, but I'm not certain they will continue to climb so dramatically.

I bought mine in October for $700 with 7 magazines that now sell for $45 each ... investing in PSL mags would have doubled your money even faster. $45 now, but there seems to be dramatic sales resistance for any further increase.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    SKS
    They've pretty much doubled in price the last few years and could very well double in price again a few years from now.
    Of course don't forget the AMMO - for any and all guns you have, because you can never have too much!
    If you want to invest in something you know won't lose its value invest in ammo.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    WeaponsCollector said:

SKS have not appreciated much.

20 years ago I had bought an SKS and a M1 Carbine for around $100 each.

Today's vales have the SKS around $350, the M1 Carbine around $700...

SKS will not appreciate until the combloc countries stop dumping them here...

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    You're gonna need to spend more than 1k to get a decent investment-grade piece.

Polytech AK's, particularly the milled variety, are a good place to start. Bring your wallet though.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I bought my Mac for 3350 total after stamps, shipping and dealer fees and ita already worth 3800 after a year and a half...

NFA MGs.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    HiPoints ...

Buy low, and sell even lower.

Oh, wait ... never mind. :o

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    SKS
    They've pretty much doubled in price the last few years and could very well double in price again a few years from now.
    Of course don't forget the AMMO - for any and all guns you have, because you can never have too much!
    If you want to invest in something you know won't lose its value invest in ammo.

I agree, ammo is probably a better investment than any particular gun. Plus if you are buying ammo that you are also using ... you've banked ahead on your own costs.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Imported/foreign guns of any kind really if you think about it.

Domestic made guns will always be available since you don't have to worry about customs and will be harder to ban since they are made here and not overseas.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Investment guns..

Collector's stuff like
    Transferrable machineguns
    Lugers
    Discontinued exotic stuff
    Colt phyton, anaconda
    valmets
    Chinese made AK/ AKMs
    BM-59
    AUG
    FAL-FN
    FNC
    USAS 12
    SPAS12
    BAR

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    SKS

I do not see it for SKSs. There are nice rifles, but the prevalence and affordability of AKs which is arguably a more desirable rifle will hold the prices down.

For investment I would look at something still sold at surplus prices. When the P64s were gone for a few months, they jumped in value. CZ82 is the same. Remember when you could get CZ52s for cheap? Good luck now. Unfortunately most of those do not have historic value so they will never be silly expensive. Surplus ammo is probably the right answer.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Gosh... I don't see anything as really being "cheap" any more... maybe I'm just old!

I've bought low and sold at the same price too many times... or bought low and sold when I doubled my money, but should have held on for a while longer to get a 10x return. Pretty much everything I can think of has already seen a doubling in price over the last ten years and I believe the collector market is at it capacity... for instance Colt Woodsman. I bought my 2nd gen for $450... struggled to sell it ~5 years later for $475... now 10 years later I see them fetching $700 on Gun Broker. I don't even want to go into the Swedish Mausers I bought for $89 each.....:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom