• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    My BIL wants to buy a shotgun from one of his friends in OH. His friend was going to mail the gun, and he knows it has to go to an FFL for the transfer. Can his friend send the gun to a MD FFL by himself, or does his friend need to have it shipped from a OH FFL to the MD FFL?

Thanks!

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Technically speaking, he can mail the shotgun himself directly to an FFL. Problem is, not all FFLs accept transfers from individuals. I'd call the receiving FFL and determine their preferences first.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Technically speaking, he can mail the shotgun himself directly to an FFL. Problem is, not all FFLs accept transfers from individuals. I'd call the receiving FFL and determine their preferences first.

This is the problem he was running into. He said the FFL he contacted won't accept transfers from individuals.

Anyone know of an FFL in the MoCo area who will accept transfers from an individual?

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    This is the problem he was running into. He said the FFL he contacted won't accept transfers from individuals.

Anyone know of an FFL in the MoCo area who will accept transfers from an individual?

Engage will. Just make sure a copy of the owner's driver's license is included in the shipment.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Engage will. Just make sure a copy of the owner's driver's license is included in the shipment.

Haha, that's who I told him to use from the get-go but he tried Atlantic since it is closer to his house and they told him no. I'll let him know. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom