• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Not a class I plan on taking, but some here may be interested. Especially if you carry with a dot and are interested at improving your 25 yd B-8 scores.

Check out "CHUCK PRESSBERG - NO-FAIL PISTOL (2 DAYS) - Yale, VA" on Eventbrite!

Date: Wed, Jul 19 2023 ‐ Thu, Jul 20 2023 • 8:30 AM EDT

Chuck is an ex Army SMU guy, the "inventor" of the "Roland Special", and a long-time regular on Lightfighter and Primary & Secondary.

I've never trained with him nor met him. I know a few who have and collectively they've had good experiences. I did once train with the host of this class (for a shotgun class that was "meh"). No connection otherwise. Just got the above link in my email.

His classes do tend to fill up fast, so even though it's a class in July, better to sign up early.

Just FYI.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    $300+1,000 rounds of ammo+3 night hotel+ meals+incidentals+3 days off work.
    Actually it's $675 + 1,000 rds of ammo plus 1 night in hotel + 2 days off from work. I don't include meals because I'd eat if I was home, too. It's weird that it's in the middle of the week though.

Whatever. I don't particularly like the dude but some here might, and I don't like to presume what anyone's familial or economic situations are. Just providing info.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Actually it's $675 + 1,000 rds of ammo plus 1 night in hotel + 2 days off from work. I dont include meals because id eat if I was home, too. It's weird that it's in the middle of the week though.

Whatever. I don't particularly like the dude but some here might, and I don't like to presume what anyone's familial or economic situations are. Just providing info.
    I'm certainly considering it. Three hour drive from my house is worse for me than the money aspect, but this seems like my best chance at training with Chuck given my schedule constraints. Gotta say I'd be more likely to stay two nights than one, I like to be fresh as possible in the morning for class.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'm certainly considering it. Three hour drive from my house is worse for me than the money aspect, but this seems like my best chance at training with Chuck given my schedule constraints. Gotta say I'd be more likely to stay two nights than one, I like to be fresh as possible in the morning for class.
    Yeah, I got Yale mixed up with Doswell (another place that hosts a fair # of classes). It would be 2 nights for me, too.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Actually it's $675 + 1,000 rds of ammo plus 1 night in hotel + 2 days off from work. I dont include meals because id eat if I was home, too. It's weird that it's in the middle of the week though.

So, 830 class start, you're leaving at 3 am for an almost 4 hour drive to get there early, then another 4 hour drive after class ends at 630?
    That's hard core.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    So, 830 class start, you're leaving at 3 am for an almost 4 hour drive to get there early, then another 4 hour drive after class ends at 630?
    That's hard core.
    I corrected above. I got Yale mixed up with Doswell. I'd do 2 nights at a hotel.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    That's hard core.
    But I've done crazier. Like finishing FoF last December in Muncie, Indiana at 5 PM (?) and then driving back to Baltimore that night.....and going to work on Monday after getting home around 2AM.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's hard core.
    That is literally who this class is designed for. Chuck is a well-known member of the P&S community, he reps for Blue Force Gear, and he has some very interesting credentials in terms of his time in the service. He also has some very definite ideas of what kind of shooting skills are desirable in a combat situation. That doesn't make him right or wrong, per se, but a number of people (myself included) think he's probably worth listening to. You should read a review or two of this class, you may find it interesting even if you don't agree with what he's teaching.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That is literally who this class is designed for. Chuck is a well-known member of the P&S community, he reps for Blue Force Gear, and he has some very interesting credentials in terms of his time in the service. He also has some very definite ideas of what kind of shooting skills are desirable in a combat situation. That doesn't make him right or wrong, per se, but a number of people (myself included) think he's probably worth listening to. You should read a review or two of this class, you may find it interesting even if you don't agree with what he's teaching.
    I don't care who it is, I'm not driving under that time constraint, cost and taking time off from work the way I would need to to make it enjoyable for me.
    At my age, I have to make these things like tiny vacations, but still weigh the cost.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't care who it is, I'm not driving under that time constraint, cost and taking time off from work the way I would need to to make it enjoyable for me.
    At my age, I have to make these things like tiny vacations, but still weigh the cost.
    *shrugs* I've seen dudes travel further for a lot less. Some people would put a lot of value on training with Chuck.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Understandable.

There will be other courses I'll be posting about that are closer/on weekends/cheaper in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom