• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wonder how they'd do with the older wax-paper type shells, got a few boxes of them at home - could be interesting.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Wonder how they'd do with the older wax-paper type shells, got a few boxes of them at home - could be interesting.

Exact same I would think, remember this is a "old timers" trick.....it was first done with paper. No real practical purpose probably but more of a fun stunt we're all guilty of one time or another.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Exact same I would think, remember this is a "old timers" trick.....it was first done with paper. No real practical purpose probably but more of a fun stunt we're all guilty of one time or another.

True - and it's just the type of stunt I'll probably try sometime down the road myself... :innocent0

I just won't do it with the old US Gov't marked shells I have, still in the brown paper/foil packaging. Just can't bring myself to ripping them open.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    This is like the third post of this recently. There are always situations where you need something you don't have and the ability and knowlege to improvise can save the day.

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    This is like the third post of this recently. There are always situations where you need something you don't have and the ability and knowlege to improvise can save the day.

You got that right!

I doubt I'll ever use this knowledge but if you ever need it, it might just save your skin.

Hill-billy engineering at it's finest.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    This is valuable. Should I ever run out of 00 buck or slugs in a SHTF situation, I can modify my hunting loads and essentially turn them into slugs.

The only potential drawback I see is loading these into a pump or semi-auto gun: the cut area could catch on something. Maybe masking tape will prevent potential miss feeds if this is an issue.

Excellent post!

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    This is valuable. Should I ever run out of 00 buck or slugs in a SHTF situation, I can modify my hunting loads and essentially turn them into slugs.

The only potential drawback I see is loading these into a pump or semi-auto gun: the cut area could catch on something. Maybe masking tape will prevent potential miss feeds if this is an issue.

Excellent post!

I think I would stick to single shot use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom