• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Visiting a friend near Gettysburg today and he took me to Taylor's Trading Post near Biglerville PA. HOLY COW!!! Wall to wall long guns. Scott said he had about 3000 or so on premises. Rifles, shotguns, black powder. Rolling block guns in 45-70, 4 M1 Carbines, a Garand or two....
    The rifles are stacked along the walls on homemade racks sorted by Caliber. Same for the shotguns, and within gauges by type (break, pump, auto). Prices seemed good. A Pristine M1 Carbine was $800. Most guns had two prices on them. One for cash one for credit. There were a lot of handguns also but no where near the amount of long guns.

Also, bins of brass casings, walls of shot/powder/wads, etc. A small wall of holsters. Racks of ammo.. Oh yeah an AR-10 with that honking muzzle break.

If you ever get near there, you gotta see this place.

Taylor's Trading Post
    www.taylorstradingpost.com

Augie, if you see this...
    There was a Model 12 in incredible condition, made in 1959, but it had a Polychoke rib on it and was priced at $599. What do you think?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Hmm. Thank you for posting this. Not too far from my place. I think I'm going to take a drive up there soon to check it out.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    A few co-workers have stopped in there and said the place is ridiculous. He said make sure you bring your wallet because the guy has so much stuff that you're guaranteed to walk out with something.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've been wanting to go to that place for years. More so now. Thanks for the report.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Went by there with a couple friends this weekend after a round of sporting clays in PA. Owner was nice. We talked a bit and he has quite a bit of inventory (reloading supplies, holsters, ammo). Selection of used guns was good. He had plenty new as well. He's been running the store for 39 years or so.

Thought we were lost at first since it is off the beaten path. Worth a stop in if you are in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom