• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I enjoyed the comments.. I do love the line of untrained vs trained. I've gone to the range with some cops friends and I shoot better than most of them. I have no formal training other than myself going to the range over and over and over again. The article overall was bull, but the comments were spot on.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    The whole “30,000 are killed per year” statement is so bogus. When 20,000 of them are by suicide, it is quite a false statement to make it seem like other’s lives are in danger by misrepresenting statistics.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    The whole “30,000 are killed per year” statement is so bogus. When 20,000 of them are by suicide, it is quite a false statement to make it seem like other’s lives are in danger by misrepresenting statistics.

Everyone knows those people wouldn't have killed themsleves if they hadn't had access to firearms.

I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting there cleaning my 9mm and thought "I should totally stick this thing in my mouth and blow out the back of my head."

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I enjoyed the comments.. I do love the line of untrained vs trained. I've gone to the range with some cops friends and I shoot better than most of them. I have no formal training other than myself going to the range over and over and over again. The article overall was bull, but the comments were spot on.

I work at a facility that a LEO department has their range at, and I have seen a few of the targets after they "qualify". I'll say this much, I do respect the boys in blue, but if they have problems keeping all their rounds inside the silhouette on a target at 7-25 yards (in broad daylight qualifying), then they need more practice. Out of all of the targets I have seen, I would only be able to trust 8 officers (out of the 50+ targets I have seen) to put the bullet right where they want it to go. I want the LEO's to be able to have the budget for more practice time at the range so they can become more proficient in their craft.

I doubt most LEO's would be able to put 12+1, rapid fire out of H&K P2000, into a railroad tiedown plate at 35-40 yards. I can do it because I practice and I train my body for muscle memory. My father demanded that of my by the time I was 10, so the lessons have stuck with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom