• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 1,056

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That's pretty insane.

I imagine at some point serving FHA loans and denying someone which has been found to be a Constitutional right (bearing arms in the home) might become an issue.

EDIT: It looks like business insurance so my comment is meaningless. Liability is Liability.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    well i am waiting on a quote from erie for home owners and farm equipment insurance right now. i will be telling them no thanks because i saw this. thanks for the info, they apparently dont need my money.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have Erie homeowners. I called them to find out how much my firearms would be covered for in case of loss. They are covered by my policy, just not for enough.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    The real liability is operating any type of business in Rochester, NY.

A firearm is as valuable as a fire extinguisher in that town.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    It says the policy was canceled because the storing of firearms on the business property was not disclosed at the time the policy was written.

Loss control inspection? For what? Theft I would guess?

I've been dealing with Erie for the past 30 years and I have never had a problem with them. Even my business is insured through them.

Something is fishy with this. Then again, with it being in New York and the F-ed up laws they have. Can you blame them.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    I don't know that this is that big a deal. Business insurance policies are very specific and liability concerns significantly greater that with standard homeowner's policies. I'd be surprised if Erie didn't offer coverage for firearms if you wanted it, especially for a homeowners policy. You might have to list the specific guns to be insured and their values and buy an appropriate amount of coverage. I would think that the same would be true of a business, although it does complicate matters, if say employees had access to guns, etc. That would be a legitimate coverage concern for the insurer.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Homeowner's policy I take it?

It is a business. Punch the zip code into a browser and a business comes up.

It appears that "Brian" did not answer the questions truthfully when he obtained the policy.

I got a life insurance policy with the explicit inclusion of high risk activities included. I paid more but I disclosed it so that if I died skydiving, I was a skydiving instructor, my wife would get the money no questions asked.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

It appears that "Brian" did not answer the questions truthfully when he obtained the policy.

I got a life insurance policy with the explicit inclusion of high risk activities included. I paid more but I disclosed it so that if I died skydiving, I was a skydiving instructor, my wife would get the money no questions asked.

Thanks, I made the incorrect assumption that it was Jacqueline's policy, which is why I made the initial inquiry.

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014

It may not be that the questions weren't answered truthfully. It could just be that the acquisition of the policy pre-dated that of the firearm(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom