Instructors giving Wear & Carry how much do you pay assistance and RSO‘s?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As things are expanding for classes with more students in each I’d like to have an assistant or at least an RSO and I am wondering how much other instructors are compensating these assistants?

I have one person to help me who is both skilled and experienced in both modes and another who has the Eagle eye for safety and is not afraid to call me out for the most minor infraction

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I don't think that many instructors are going to give out this information which could creat conflict in the ranks. Or I could say $500 a day and get all the other instructors mad

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    A widely respected TC told me NRA says the ideal ratio is 1 to 1.
    I clearly remember him holding one finger up on each hand
    Agree.. Must be same TC I know.. but then again...know 3 TC I've taken classes from and that's typical to see 1:1 instructions during live fire.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    As things are expanding for classes with more students in each I’d like to have an assistant or at least an RSO and I am wondering how much other instructors are compensating these assistants?

I have one person to help me who is both skilled and experienced in both modes and another who has the Eagle eye for safety and is not afraid to call me out for the most minor infraction
    Are you looking for competent people to help you?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I guess I missed the point of your original post.
    He's trying to establish a market value for the people he is describing in the second part of the fist post. I can't speak for mark, but I think he just wants to pay his people fairly based on a market that can be hard to gauge.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Exactly. Both of my helpers would probably work for free, but they are quality people and I want to compensate them fairly.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    We use the one to one ratio for wear and carry on live fire.. There are a lot of beginning students that haven't really handled a gun before.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    What's your point? Other than soliciting for work from out of state?

Well if a few people are in need of a class and can’t find one to get into soon enough I’ll come up.

Keep in mind that a $1000 doesn’t go to far in paying for airfare, rental car hotel room and food. So doing this to help protect our 2A rights and help more people get the w&C permit that they want.

I will probably end up making maybe $100 for two days work.

Also when I look around at what others are charging for class. $40 per person isnt all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom