• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Just because printing or incidental exposure aren't themselves illegal doesn't mean it's not sufficient for reasonable suspicion for a stop and frisk if you're in a "sensitive place." They need to articulate reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is about to be committed by you. From their "X years of experience and training," seeing the printing of a concealed gun in a sensitive location is easily articulable reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime save for you being able to show that you belong to one of the limited exceptions.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Just because printing or incidental exposure aren't themselves illegal doesn't mean it's not sufficient for reasonable suspicion for a stop and frisk if you're in a "sensitive place." They need to articulate reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is about to be committed by you. From their "X years of experience and training," seeing the printing of a concealed gun in a sensitive location is easily articulable reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime save for you being able to show that you belong to one of the limited exceptions.
    You’re assuming that any law enforcement agency is actually going to spend more than 90 seconds informing hundreds of thousands of officers and deputies of the new statutes.

They don’t bother doing any of that. The average officer only gets 8-24 hours of “training” per year, and most of that is requalifying.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It seems to me that concealment with accidental printing offers the police the opportunity to exercise discretion before implementing questioning regarding probable cause, and general appearance of the subject should, at least in theory, allow the officer to decide if his suspicions are sufficiently reasonable to engage with the subject.

Comes down to the attitude of the individual officer at that point, I suppose.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Hmmm just curious if they decide to enforce it. What database would they use? Is it overlayed on with gps?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It seems to me that concealment with accidental printing offers the police the opportunity to exercise discretion before implementing questioning regarding probable cause, and general appearance of the subject should, at least in theory, allow the officer to decide if his suspicions are sufficiently reasonable to engage with the subject.

Comes down to the attitude of the individual officer at that point, I suppose.
    What?? Lol

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What?? Lol
    Yeah, you know, like deciding if you really want to hassle this guy, or maybe he's a threat.

Just because you're wearing a body cam doesn't mean that you have to take action. Of course, once you do, you're stuck with the consequences, as is the subject.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah, you know, like deciding if you really want to hassle this guy, or maybe he's a threat.

Just because you're wearing a body cam doesn't mean that you have to take action. Of course, once you do, you're stuck with the consequences, as is the subject.
    What??

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was in an area until everyone showed up then it became a sensitive area. Lol. That has got to be the biggest, childish thing I've ever heard written into a law. "Sensitive Area"

Let's legislate Feelings!

Whose are Good? Whose are Bad? Who gets to decide?

Let's just swap Common Sensitivity for Common Sense, and call it Maryland.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If I’m seen printing, I’m not showing shit to any cop unless they can articulate a crime I committed. I will show my permit under threat of arrest. I will have any interaction on video. The act of exercising a fundamental right does not warrant any further investigation.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If I’m seen printing, I’m not showing shit to any cop unless they can articulate a crime I committed. I will show my permit under threat of arrest. I will have any interaction on video. The act of exercising a fundamental right does not warrant any further investigation.

Hubba hubba.

Likewise if challenged by store security. Say nothing, show nothing, leave the premises if necessary.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    In a society where bearing a firearm is legal, evidence that a firearm is being carried is not, on its face, illegal. More is needed to affect a stop.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    In a society where bearing a firearm is legal, evidence that a firearm is being carried is not, on its face, illegal. More is needed to affect a stop.
    If they can’t ask for ID for exercising the 1A, 4A or 5A, they can’t for the 2A.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

The operative question is, is that society inclusive of Montgomery County, or of the state of Maryland, for that matter?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Fundamental Constitutional Right.

Fvck them.

I approve of all the points you've made above.

That said, it's a tough defense when the entire judicio-political system is intent on denying that fundamental right.

All I've got going for me is the Eruby Alphabet:
    CMC
    EBMD
    WWNC

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I approve of all the points you've made above.

That said, it's a tough defense when the entire judicio-political system is intent on denying that fundamental right.

All I've got going for me is the Eruby Alphabet:
    CMC
    EBMD
    WWNC
    Like I said, I’ll ID under duress and then file a civil rights lawsuit….

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom