• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Yup that's the entire point of this rifle and why I picked 1/7. 100 yards is cake walk and to me will be a waste of a round in this rufle. I'm realistically going to be shooting at 500 plus with this.

If I can shoot an m4 with green tip at 500 yards than a heavy round should be able to go to the 6-700 yard range easily.

I'll be ordering some stuff from midayway this weekend.

I haven't looked recently, but, Midway USA hasn't had a lot in the way of boolits.

You might look at Natchez Shooters Supply.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I sure wish I had somewhere to shoot 500 yards regularly. Just be aware that past 400 yards any .223 bullet is going to get seriously pushed around by the wind. I have better luck with the 75 HPBT Honadys with a max Varget load than the 77 Sierras but that's just my gun. If you want to shoot them far then push them hard.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I sure wish I had somewhere to shoot 500 yards regularly. Just be aware that past 400 yards any .223 bullet is going to get seriously pushed around by the wind. I have better luck with the 75 HPBT Honadys with a max Varget load than the 77 Sierras but that's just my gun. If you want to shoot them far then push them hard.

Russ, not trying to brag but every year we have to quilify on our rifles. If I can send some green tip 62 grain out of an m4 with an acog at 500 yards easily, im sure that this rifle will let me reach out and touch something.

Ive got some 77 SMKs comming and 75 grain hornady HPBT. Ill see how they do soon.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Russ, not trying to brag but every year we have to quilify on our rifles. If I can send some green tip 62 grain out of an m4 with an acog at 500 yards easily, im sure that this rifle will let me reach out and touch something.

Ive got some 77 SMKs comming and 75 grain hornady HPBT. Ill see how they do soon.

How big is the target? Are we talking easily sub moa with an ACOG at 500 or just man sized targets? Nothing wrong with either but the amount of precision needed to be consistent in various wind conditions is different.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    All I worry about is MOP.

Minute of person.

I'm more of a functional shooter over precision. But maybe this rifle will let me dabble more on the precision end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom