• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    This sums it up :
    “The mistake he made was agreeing to a search of his vehicle,” the attorney explained in an interview. “If the police ask for consent to search, the answer is ‘no.’ If they ask, ‘why not?’ The answer is, ‘no.’”

He should have never said a thing or gone out of his way to be polite. Also saddens me how the police are treating his property and how it takes the news the expose this.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    That is a crime and a hell of a way to treat a vet. On a side note, he either had more guns than what they listed in the article or the price is way overinflated.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    This sums it up :

He should have never said a thing or gone out of his way to be polite. Also saddens me how the police are treating his property and how it takes the news the expose this.

Easier for attorneys to say that....I'd love to know what the outcome would be if we, the typical citizen, told a DC officer "No"...even in a polite way.

Don't know how that scenario would go down. I would speculate it depends on the officer at the scene...

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Easier for attorneys to say that....I'd love to know what the outcome would be if we, the typical citizen, told a DC officer "No"...even in a polite way.

Don't know how that scenario would go down. I would speculate it depends on the officer at the scene...

Its really not that hard to say no. I have said no before and was then threatened they could impound my car , still said no and was sent on my way. Look at the thread on the questions being asked by the State police for the permit applications just fishing no one said you had to answer anything just be polite .

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Return his guns and give him $10,000 worth of ultrasonic cleanings haha. His guns are in MPDCs safe haha just kidding buddy

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Sickening...and honestly...

I'm surprised NJ hasn't tried to file charges since he admitted having the guns in NJ.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    This is why I never go into DC for anything whatsoever...those morons aren't getting a dime of my money...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Didn't the SAF just file suit in CA over this very thing?

Bears repeating.

1. Don't EVER consent to a search and politely decline to talk. it's your right.

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    I always hear to say no to a search, but always wondered how the rest of the conversion would go down. I wonder if it is like the poster above that they threaten and give up.

Could they just use you saying no as cause that you were hiding something?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not unless they want whatever they find from an illegal search thrown out in court.

saying no is not probable cause.

Google "fruit of the poisonous tree."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom