• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Looks like we lost round 1.

According to Smigiels facebook page:

Apparently the injunctive request has been denied which means the State of Maryland will be in a legal morass as to citizens wishing to exercise their fundamental Second Amendment rights. The O'Malley administration and the Maryland State Police have done everything possible to make criminals out of law abiding citizens and businesses in Maryland dealing with firearms and the exercise of 2nd Amendment rights. This is what tyranny looks like for those who don't recognize its beginnings.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    TRO is denied.. not the injunction.

If you later look.. Shannon (nra)posted on there too .

BTW.. duped.. lol

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    So what is the next step?

I agree tyranny in the makings. Punishing the law abiding citizens and doing nothing to punish the criminals who don't care about the law anyway.

But what's the next step?

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I see this a foreshadowing the result in the rest of the case. In most civil rights cases, there is irreparable harm. We also had to show that we would likely prevail on the merits. The judge has to at least consider the merits at this stage, even if they say they don't. If the judge thought that we would likely win, irreparable injury would have been found. The fact that the TRO was denied vastly decreases the likelihood of a win.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    there are so many different threads on this already. Consider using search before posting a new thread.

Thanks

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I see this a foreshadowing the result in the rest of the case. In most civil rights cases, there is irreparable harm. We also had to show that we would likely prevail on the merits. The judge has to at least consider the merits at this stage, even if they say they don't. If the judge thought that we would likely win, irreparable injury would have been found. The fact that the TRO was denied vastly decreases the likelihood of a win.

Wrong. All it means is that the lower court is going to force us to appeal. We knew that before newtown.

Pockets

Apr 5, 2013
    temporary restraining order?

I guess to hold off the enactment of SB281

it'd be nice if they could put it off till the 3rd of october, then i'd be able to do what i planned on my birthday

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Ok. Now what's the difference between that and an injunction?

TRO happens with a mere hearing and it is emergency in nature so it gets heard and decided fast. Injunction takes a more in depth hearing and takes more time, it can be temporary or permanent.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This crap drives me nuts!!!!!!

I go to the "dupe" thread and I am reading through "The Judge is from Harvard, etc." Hope we get a fair hearing. There are 9 pages of stuff, and I have to sort through that to get to what happened today. DAMN How about we start a forum with "The FACTS, and just the FACTS"

Can somebody just post an update, point me to a news article, or send me a PM of what happened today? I get it, the TRO was denied, which usually means the injunction will be denied in this case too because the harm starts today. Only reason I came here was because the Code has not been updated with the Chapter 427 for public safety, but Corps and Associations has been updated with the law taking effect today. So, I was hoping the TRO had been granted. This is just insane.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    This crap drives me nuts!!!!!!

I go to the "dupe" thread and I am reading through "The Judge is from Harvard, etc." Hope we get a fair hearing. There are 9 pages of stuff, and I have to sort through that to get to what happened today. DAMN How about we start a forum with "The FACTS, and just the FACTS"

Can somebody just post an update, point me to a news article, or send me a PM of what happened today? I get it, the TRO was denied, which usually means the injunction will be denied in this case too because the harm starts today. Only reason I came here was because the Code has not been updated with the Chapter 427 for public safety, but Corps and Associations has been updated with the law taking effect today. So, I was hoping the TRO had been granted. This is just insane.

If you want to barf... http://www.wbal.com/article/103053/2/template-story/Judge-Rejects-Delay-In-Gun-Law

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom