• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Need one on the cheap. I reload in very small quantities, don't need something heavy duty. Recommendations?

I bought a new Frankford off of ebay for like $35.00 I hardly use the thing myself. I have contemplated a few times of just selling the thing. I use a little vinegar and water solution and that's been more than enough for me. I use the tumbler with some lizard bedding and a few drops of Gel-Gloss. The brass stays nice and shiny for a while then it looks like it does when I use the vinegar. I reload enough either to even justify the purchase of this tumbler.

HOLY MOTHER OF DOOM ! I just went to get a link from ebay to the one like I bought and they want what now ?!?!?!?!? HOLY SHIRT ! I only paid $35.00 brand new for mine SOB ! - Ebay HERE

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    I picked up a Smart Reloader 737 Nano for small batches a while back at Natcheszz.com for $25. It's quiet and works great. It cleans about 200 9mm or about a 100 .223 Remington easily. The manual says 300 9mm and 125 223, but it performs better with a few less.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    When I was looking for a tumbler the first time I had a crazy thought. I was going to look for a rock tumbler at a hobby store. Never did go through with that plan, and later did buy a real tumbler. You may be able to make something like a rock tumbler. It would do the same thing as a vibrating machine, just take a little longer.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    How about putting some walnut shells and your brass in a plastic container, like a one liter

bottle, and then put it in the dryer with a few towels, without the heat...

that's cheap

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I bought a new Lyman 600 for $55 locally. It is small but is works well.

At the price that Mooseman mentions above, my Lyman 600 would have cost me $2.12 a year to own. I don't use this tumbler too hard nowadays....removing the lube from small batches of bottleneck cases primarily. But for years it was the only tumbler I had, and it certainly doesn't owe me anything. If I recall correctly, I've had it for 26 years now. Back then, they didn't even come with lids.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Only downside with this would be dust as the top has holes in it. I have seen things like this covered with plastic to avoid having issues with dust though.

I have a Lyman 1200 that I have used for 25+ years. I NEVER put the top on.

If you are getting dust, something is wrong with your media. It shouldn't be making dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom