• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The Black Sgt at Rockville is a dick but it's not because he hates guns or gun people or what not. He clearly hates additional work, he would rather be out there with his guys, or completing the tasks his Lt. assigned him, and gun transfers are like a commercial break in his ability to get work done. Or maybe he's just Lazy as crap.....who knows......every jobs got them. Some of y'all take things to personal. I'm really surprised at the abundance of 50+ crowd here with all the high BP going around ;)

But the guys at College park have always been awesome to me! They once made a seller I was working with fill out the additional firearms form although we only had one gun. We filled it out, it took two seconds, and we were done.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    :shrug: is internet speak for "No issues here, must be something you're doing"

My dealer has hours that are posted, the MSP has been known to (as indicated by some peoples experience) to just simply decide they aren't doing them. Thought that was pretty well documented here.

I'm not expecting to walk into a barracks (hate saying that queer ass name) at 10PM and have someone jump to service to shuffle papers for me.

Sorry... But we must not have attended the same internet language schools.

And I actually have completed transfer documents after 10 PM at the Barracks. Most prefer that you appear in non busy hours to conduct the transfers.

FYI: "Barracks" is used because that is what it was when the Troopers actually lived in them.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    No one becomes a State Trooper in order to become a secretary.

Damn... I wish I would have had a secretary for all those years of writing police reports, citations, performance reviews, schedules, planning leave and shift strength for staffing and all the other paperwork required. :lol2:

Paperwork in law enforcement? What will they think of next? :innocent0

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    FYI complete dissolution of the MSP except Medevac would suit me fine.

Sheriffs deputies do just fine up here.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Damn... I wish I would have had a secretary for all those years of writing police reports, citations, performance reviews, schedules, planning leave and shift strength for staffing and all the other paperwork required. :lol2:

Paperwork in law enforcement? What will they think of next? :innocent0
    I think what he's saying is that is not what one looks forward to. It's obviously a necessary part of the job. My wife didn't become a nurse because she wanted to do endless paperwork, but she knew it came with the territroy.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I think what he's saying is that is not what one looks forward to. It's obviously a necessary part of the job. My wife didn't become a nurse because she wanted to do endless paperwork, but she knew it came with the territroy.

I'm no Trooper, but I am 100% sure that there's quite a bit less paperwork actually DONE by a Trooper in a firearm transfer, then there is in an actual crime/report/accident/etc...

They hand you the 77R paperwork, they get out of their seat, walk outside and record the serial number and model of the firearm (or "may" bring it inside for the same purpose), then they're done for 10 or 15 minutes...
    You hand them the completed paperwork.
    They skim over it, hold their hand out for the $10 check, and fax the paperwork...
    Then they hand all the paperwork back to you and send you on your way...

I'd take that "secretarial job" ANY DAY OF THE WEEK....:party29:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I knew very well what he was saying P5.
    I'm no Trooper, but I am 100% sure that there's quite a bit less paperwork actually DONE by a Trooper in a firearm transfer, then there is in an actual crime/report/accident/etc...

They hand you the 77R paperwork, they get out of their seat, walk outside and record the serial number and model of the firearm (or "may" bring it inside for the same purpose), then they're done for 10 or 15 minutes...
    You hand them the completed paperwork.
    They skim over it, hold their hand out for the $10 check, and fax the paperwork...
    Then they hand all the paperwork back to you and send you on your way...

I'd take that "secretarial job" ANY DAY OF THE WEEK....:party29:

Pretty much... It is one of the easiest tasks in the business when compared to the other things they are required to do. And they get to see some cool firearms too.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I've done a couple of transfers directly through the MSP - one in Bel Air and one in Glen Burnie/Severn. (The one off of Airport loop) The officers at those locations knew the drill - it was smooth and easy both times.

My sole experience at transferring a handgun was via the Airport barrack and paralleled yours. That said, it's not unreasonable to expect competence on the part of government agencies, something I find isn't the case in far too many instances.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    I knew very well what he was saying P5.

Pretty much... It is one of the easiest tasks in the business when compared to the other things they are required to do. And they get to see some cool firearms too.

Agree; the vast majority of us have had to perform tasks that we didn't like, but did them anyway and with respect. What this task entails seems simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom