• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Should I include my c&r ffl # on a form 1 (for an sbr that has nothing to do with a c&r gun)? Part 5 of the form 1.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I would put it in there. It does not say not to fill it out if not pertinent. What can it hurt to let them know you are a FFL... what do you think they will do more of a background check? Take longer? I can only see it working in your favor.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I would put it in there. It does not say not to fill it out if not pertinent. What can it hurt to let them know you are a FFL... what do you think they will do more of a background check? Take longer? I can only see it working in your favor.

Yes, confusing them by putting an FFL that has nothing to do with the actual transfer at hand. If it was some type of C&R rifle that he was SBR'ing, then that would make sense. But, this would be just another day of them looking up something that does nothing.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yes, confusing them by putting an FFL that has nothing to do with the actual transfer at hand. If it was some type of C&R rifle that he was SBR'ing, then that would make sense. But, this would be just another day of them looking up something that does nothing.

I guess you might have somewhat of a point there. Or maybe they see you have a current FFL license and new it would have been pulled if you did anything real bad and it would speed things up. After all regular FFL transfers on form 3s take 1/3rd the time? However its the Government, so your probably right...

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I guess you might have somewhat of a point there. Or maybe they see you have a current FFL license and new it would have been pulled if you did anything real bad and it would speed things up. After all regular FFL transfers on form 3s take 1/3rd the time? However its the Government, so your probably right...

Yeah, Form 3's take 1/3 the time because, like you know it's SOT to SOT, which is tax free and less paperwork/investigating. However, if you don't have a "2" or a "3" under 6b, no matter the FFL your ass is going to be in line with the rest of us schmucks. I work with some dumb government employees (mouth breathers) for a living, and trust me KISS is your best friend.

Equation:
    (C&R FFL# on Form 1) + (Confused as hell mouth breather) = extra wait or even kicked back form for stupid questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom