• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I believe Lou at Shooters Discount has a few M24/47s and maybe a couple Yugo M48s mixed in if anyone's looking for a decent Yugo Mauser. He had them this last weekend at the show for $199.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Widener's has another batch of WWII, import marked, force matched, vg-exc P38s in stock for $495. These seem like a pretty good deal when compared to the beat-to-crap, Spreewerke $800 mixmasters showing up at local gun shows.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Widener's has another batch of WWII, import marked, force matched, vg-exc P38s in stock for $495. These seem like a pretty good deal when compared to the beat-to-crap, Spreewerke $800 mixmasters showing up at local gun shows.

So these would be Russian Capture refurbished ones?

Jul 1, 2012
    Just be aware that those Widener P38's have zero point zero collector value.
    If you're looking for something "historical" or collectible set aside a couple hundred more and get a correct one.
    They can still be found in the $600-700 range if you're patient.

If all you wanna do is have some fun on the range, then it's not a terrible deal but not a great one.
    Not knowing what you'll actually get puts the risk factor above "orange level" IMHO....

The finish of the first pic on the website does look like Russian dip over pitting but the slide has been buffed a lot on the edges first which isn't typical.
    Could be an East German rework (several times, more than likely).

"They look unissued!" yeah, right. :innocent0

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Be sure to post pics and let us know how it looks when it arrives. Also, treat it with kindness.... I only shot 115 gr standards loads..... nothing too hot.

Got me one of those $495 C&R Specials....looks nice shoots fairly well. Saves me from shooting my Early issue zero series which I decided has too much value to shoot. Also picked some mags up for it.

Yeah, they are not on the top of most serious collectors list, but for those of us who like to shoot milsurps, it's a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom