• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    Had same thing happen on a really nice Manurhin P1, very small, light and partly struck mark on right barrel flat (hidden with slide in battery). That one doesn't bother me too much.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just got an email from Classic that they have some P64s with the import mark on the underside of the frame. $199.99. I'm broke, but tempted.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/pol...238395957&mc_cid=1635afab0b&mc_eid=20b270b517

Well, I'd been on the fence on a P64 and felt I was gonna miss the boat even though they have been available for several years now. I have maybe lucked out cause I've had good luck from Classic including the 4 mosins from a few years back when they were $89 on Black Friday. So, My order went in last night. I did not choose handpick so we'll see how that goes. I have a Piss Ton of mak ammo from when I was hoarding it and it was cheap before I was reloading for it so I need a reason to shoot it.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Well, I'd been on the fence on a P64 and felt I was gonna miss the boat even though they have been available for several years now. I have maybe lucked out cause I've had good luck from Classic including the 4 mosins from a few years back when they were $89 on Black Friday. So, My order went in last night. I did not choose handpick so we'll see how that goes. I have a Piss Ton of mak ammo from when I was hoarding it and it was cheap before I was reloading for it so I need a reason to shoot it.

So whats with Classics website. I went to order one and it seems they "fixed" their system of finding C&R licenses on file (where you could see everyone in the state near you) and my license is there under my account, but when I go to check out and I click "Im a C&R" it doesnt show up. Tells me to go manage my license under my account. but its THERE. what am I missing?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I don't know what is going on for you
    I did the same thing and my info appeared right away

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    So whats with Classics website. I went to order one and it seems they "fixed" their system of finding C&R licenses on file (where you could see everyone in the state near you) and my license is there under my account, but when I go to check out and I click "Im a C&R" it doesnt show up. Tells me to go manage my license under my account. but its THERE. what am I missing?

Call 'em. I had a problem when I first signed up with them. Fixed quickly after a phone call

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My classic P64 shipped
    Like my Tok a few years back its coming USPS flare rate box. Nice that it can come on a Sat but I don't think there is a way to redirect to post office pick up is there ?

Jul 1, 2012
    pretty sure you can set the "hold for pickup" if you sign up for the USPS equivalent of UPS's "My Choice".
    The sender can set that flag when the label is created but not sure if it can be changed afterwards.
    Worst case ** - they can't deliver because you're not there to sign for it, and you get the little slip to take to the PO for pickup.
    Unlike UPS it's not 3 attempts and then back to sender...they'll hold it for awhile (not sure how long) so you can go at your convenience.

** I guess worst case is they do deliver it and leave it on the porch, and someone swipes it. But that's totally on them to make it right if it has the sig req'd.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    pretty sure you can set the "hold for pickup" if you sign up for the USPS equivalent of UPS's "My Choice".
    The sender can set that flag when the label is created but not sure if it can be changed afterwards.
    Worst case ** - they can't deliver because you're not there to sign for it, and you get the little slip to take to the PO for pickup.
    Unlike UPS it's not 3 attempts and then back to sender...they'll hold it for awhile (not sure how long) so you can go at your convenience.

** I guess worst case is they do deliver it and leave it on the porch, and someone swipes it. But that's totally on them to make it right if it has the sig req'd.

It can. I always log on do that as soon as I get the notice. You can tell them which Fed EX store to redirect the shipment. If they have a locking cage, they will hold it. The kinkos/fed ex store near me does it all the time.

EDIT: OH Sorry thats USPS not Fed Ex. I read that wrong. SORRY USPS is the WORST

Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have a Garand at CMP getting a new barrel installed. Now that they have my e-mail address, they sent me this. Thought some may be interested.

Limited Quantity of M1 Garand, IHC Rack Grade Rifles. CMP has a very limited quantity of M1 Garand, IHC Rack Grade Rifles available (RM1IHCR). These rifles will be offered by mail order , sold as is, with no exchanges. The rifles are rack grade (rough but functional) and have been test fired. We will begin accepting orders 11/16/15. Any orders received prior to this date will be returned. Once your order is received in house, they are put into a container with all orders received that day. We DO NOT time stamp orders. We have approximately 105 rifles available. They are $760 each. Each customer is limited to one rifle. Due to the limited quantity and popularity of IHC rifles, if your order is not in house on 11/16/15, more than likely it will not be filled. We expect these rifles to sell out the first day.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

Call 'em. I had a problem when I first signed up with them. Fixed quickly after a phone call

Site is messed up. Signed up couldnt find my C&R so I uploaded it. Got a confirmation email from them that it was accepted and listed. Go to add one select C&R and it tells me it dont have me :( . Will have to wait till Monday

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Site is messed up. Signed up couldnt find my C&R so I uploaded it. Got a confirmation email from them that it was accepted and listed. Go to add one select C&R and it tells me it dont have me :( . Will have to wait till Monday

thats what happened to me. Seems they tossed out all C&R records when they "fixed" the site. I uploaded mine and finally got an email yesterday it was there now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom