• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Got shipping notification today on my SKS from Royal Tiger, so hopefully this week.

While I was waiting ordered a TTC Tok from Classic Firearms today......dammit this C&R stuff is a sickness lol

astroaxis

Feb 19, 2013
    couple pictures of my stock during its cleanup. and its nice wrist crack

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Royal Tiger SKS's are back in stock. Shows 119 available.

I got a "Ghost" gun. No /26\ marking. Quite fitting for a purchase arriving Halloween weekend. Other then a broken stock it's pretty nice.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Royal Tiger SKS's are back in stock. Shows 119 available.

I got a "Ghost" gun. No /26\ marking. Quite fitting for a purchase arriving Halloween weekend. Other then a broken stock it's pretty nice.

While I can't say this for certain, the "ghost guns", as you put it, are looking more and more like they are Sino-Soviets made with Russian parts that came along with the tooling from the Tula arsenal. We'll probably never know for sure, but the more examples that I see, the more it appears that the ones without the Jianshe arsenal cartouche (triangle 26) tend to have the traditional Russian stock configuration--often with matching numbers on the stock, and the early models with the Jianshe arsenal cartouche tend to have the "cavalry style" rear sling mount.

There are, of course, exceptions. These things spent a lot of time in Albania, and parts on many of them got switched around, repaired in the field, etc.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I think they are later sanitized ones for export sale that got mixed up with earlier ones that were properly marked witht he /26\ that were sold. Thats my theroy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom