• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Walmart has def raised their ammo prices, that's part of the reason stuff isn't flying off the shelves.
    It depends; I got some CCI minimag 100-rd sleeves for $7.97 not too long ago. Dicks has gotten expensive!

Too bad places like Costco do not sell ammo lol; I bet their bulk deals would be awesome.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It depends; I got some CCI minimag 100-rd sleeves for $7.97 not too long ago. Dicks has gotten expensive!

Too bad places like Costco do not sell ammo lol; I bet their bulk deals would be awesome.

That's a great price on mini mags, give them some time, they'll raise that to $9.50.:D

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Docster, are you sure?
    I saw this stuff last month and it was labeled $497 for 1200 ammo can.
    I just looked at the photo I took of it.
    That price was one of the reasons they have been sitting there.
    If they lowered the price that's more sanity then what it was when I saw it.

That's why I wrote this.....

'Sorry, forgot price but think it was $197 'cause I remember pulling out the calculator and thinking, " wow! $0.25/round but I could be wrong........early onset dementia'

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    CZ 50s from SOG

Hello, I'm new here. Im from Missouri, but have been lurking and really like the forum so I decided to join and post.

FYI to anyone interested, I ordered two of the CZ50s from SOG, hand select on both, and they are in excellent shape. My only complaint is cracked grips, but I'll live with cracked plastic over scratched metal any day! Excellent bores.

Waiting on two 91/30s from the classicarms sale, too. First one arrives tomorrow! :party29:

I also bought one of the P64s that were on Gunbroker last night. I should have bought one back when they were much cheaper, but I was married and broke at the time :) I'm a sucker for all things 9x18.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Hello, I'm new here. Im from Missouri, but have been lurking and really like the forum so I decided to join and post.

FYI to anyone interested, I ordered two of the CZ50s from SOG, hand select on both, and they are in excellent shape. My only complaint is cracked grips, but I'll live with cracked plastic over scratched metal any day! Excellent bores.

Waiting on two 91/30s from the classicarms sale, too. First one arrives tomorrow! :party29:

I also bought one of the P64s that were on Gunbroker last night. I should have bought one back when they were much cheaper, but I was married and broke at the time :) I'm a sucker for all things 9x18.

Welcome! Go to the Introduction thread (http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119) for the formal introduction!

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Welcome to the group and the forums.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Welcome! Go to the Introduction thread (http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119) for the formal introduction!

Thanks! I made an introduction thread.

I promise I don't work for SOG (I live in Missouri) but I also wanted to mention to anyone thinking about getting a Walther P1, I got two of them w/ hand select from SOG, and my friend also got one. They are in GREAT shape. I'm pretty new to the C&R game, but it seems that they aren't very easy to find anymore and they are a really fun and interesting gun to shoot.

I also did a hand select on one of their Yugo M57's and besides some small scratches on the slide, it was immaculate. I am not sure if it was unissued or rebuilt, but there was absolutely not a single sign it had ever been fired. Pretty rough machining work in some areas, though...

These are all still in stock so I figured it pertains to the thread. It's always a bit of a crap shoot when you order these C&R guns, so it helps to hear from others on the condition from certain vendors...

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Wideners has straight bolt Russian capture K98's in stock. There's a chance you could get one with intact markings because it does not say they are peened.
    http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000823&dir=700|701|1381
    The info they have is incorrect, for those of you unfamiliar with the Russian captures. The straight bolts are from captured VZ24s and Gew 98's. They were not built that way by the Germans from existing surplus parts.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Wideners has straight bolt Russian capture K98's in stock. There's a chance you could get one with intact markings because it does not say they are peened.
    http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000823&dir=700|701|1381
    The info they have is incorrect, for those of you unfamiliar with the Russian captures. The straight bolts are from captured VZ24s and Gew 98's. They were not built that way by the Germans from existing surplus parts.

359 bucks for these in "Good" condition, but 399 for the ones with Peened markings (no condition listed). Their prices are interesting....

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Am I missing something here? The last one is a 1936 rifle with a sight hood, but those weren't added until 1940. I guess the whole front sight assembly was replaced at one point, I've just never seen that before.

It could have been re-barreled later on by the Germans with an updated front sight assembly but it appears to still has the early proof marks on the barrel. I'd say it was probably updated by an armorer at some point, where the grooves for the hood were cut.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    It could have been re-barreled later on by the Germans with an updated front sight assembly but it appears to still has the early proof marks on the barrel. I'd say it was probably updated by an armorer at some point, where the grooves for the hood were cut.

Numbers match on barrel and receiver. It was definitely altered in some way later. I'm thinking it isn't a Russian capture like they say. There's no X, the stock isn't shellacked, and the Russians wouldn't add a sight hood because they melted those down anyway.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    The CMP has 200 rounds AP .30-06 loose in .30 ammo cans for $125 plus shipping. You have to go to the CMP e-store to purchase it and it is at the bottom of the list on the second page (for the Ammo category).

Please note that this can WILL count towards your 10 can limit for loose .30-06 in a can. They didn't have very much of it, so it will probably be gone by the end of tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom