• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    OWS just got in a nice batch of C&R eligible Yugo M57 Toks, M48s (sporterized stocks, but metal is un-cut) and M98/48s (Again, sport stock, fully intact metal)

Toks are $260 or so, M48s are $199 and M98/48s are $269. You can either mail order or arrange to pick up in person (with C&R in hand) M-Th 9AM-5PM in Martinsburg, WV.

I will likely grab one of those M98s myself.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    OWS just got in a nice batch of C&R eligible Yugo M57 Toks, M48s (sporterized stocks, but metal is un-cut) and M98/48s (Again, sport stock, fully intact metal)

Toks are $260 or so, M48s are $199 and M98/48s are $269. You can either mail order or arrange to pick up in person (with C&R in hand) M-Th 9AM-5PM in Martinsburg, WV.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Classic dropped the price of their Czech M52 / Vz52 rifles to $499.99, if anyone cares. I guess they found out what the market will bear. They're also trying to "make it right" for their suckers customers who bought in at $799.99.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Classic dropped the price of their Czech M52 / Vz52 rifles to $499.99, if anyone cares. I guess they found out what the market will bear. They're also trying to "make it right" for their suckers customers who bought in at $799.99.

Hopefully they bring the price on the MAS 49/56’s down. I’m not paying $800 for a beat up one from Ethiopia

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD

Good stuff. Hopefully those $50 M48 stocks on Numrich come back.

Jul 1, 2012
    JG: "May or may not have a Yugo Crest on top"
    and if you want a "nice finish" ($20) and "shiny bore" ($40) pony up $60 more, which puts you at.... $260.

No crest = non-military issue or commercial from what I can find, which makes sense.

Jul 1, 2012
    dupe post... I guess after a certain member slash-and-burn rampage we can't delete them anymore?

Last edited:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    OWS sporter 98/48 arrived today (FAST shipping at a fair price by OWS BTW). Whomever carved up the stock actually did a nice job for being an amateur. As OWS stated, it hasn't been cut in any way. Used Yugo 98 stock from Numrich and a spare laminated upper handguard for a K98 from ebay along with a cap/band and it'll be right as rain. First glance it looks like it got the mix-master treatment on some small parts during the Yugo refurbishment process. There are still waffenamts on small parts, so I should be able to trace the provenance of the pieces to the original factories. What is noticeably absent, however, are import markings. Not seeing any of the usual suspects, but I haven't had this thing apart yet outside of pulling the bolt. Bore has very strong rifling. Finish appears to be very good with a light coat of cosmo on it. Need to give it a good wash-down and I'll comb it for any other details. Extremely smooth action. Probably the smoothest action of any I have in my collection. Will post pics after cleaning.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Got my OWS sporter also. Ordered a M48 and a K98.

K98 is decent. Not great but not awful. Mixmaster metal with finish loss, spotty rust and pitting. Some very interesting stock carvings, but the stock is cracked. Sporter stock included the front barrel band, which is cool. I wont be shooting this one without replacing the stock.

The M48 is very nice. Metal is very good and all matching. Stock probably alsl matched once upon a time ago. I'll definitely shoot this one as is.

Bores on both are excellent

Pretty happy with my purchase. I would have loved to hand pick in person, but I can't complain about the ones picked for me, especially since it was less than $500 for both.

qO4LrAj.jpg

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Got my OWS sporter also. Ordered a M48 and a K98.

K98 is decent. Not great but not awful. Mixmaster metal with finish loss, spotty rust and pitting. Some very interesting stock carvings, but the stock is cracked. Sporter stock included the front barrel band, which is cool. I wont be shooting this one without replacing the stock.

The M48 is very nice. Metal is very good and all matching. Stock probably alsl matched once upon a time ago. I'll definitely shoot this one as is.

Bores on both are excellent

Pretty happy with my purchase. I would have loved to hand pick in person, but I can't complain about the ones picked for me, especially since it was less than $500 for both.

qO4LrAj.jpg

Nice! Found the import mark. GRC Martinsburg, WV (Gibbs Rifle Company) under the barrel back by the stock. Will be nicely covered when re-stocked with an OG '98 stock. I've got a milled trigger guard with mid-war front sight post. Going to have to see what I can find on the parts in terms of serials, etc.

Very happy for the price for sure!

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Nice! Found the import mark. GRC Martinsburg, WV (Gibbs Rifle Company) under the barrel back by the stock. Will be nicely covered when re-stocked with an OG '98 stock. I've got a milled trigger guard with mid-war front sight post. Going to have to see what I can find on the parts in terms of serials, etc.

Very happy for the price for sure!

I'm curious to hear how yours' fits in an original k98 stock. I've read that a Yugo k98 with a Yugo rework barrel is 1/2" shorter than a German k98, so they don't fit right in original k98 stocks.

Maybe you got lucky and have an OG German barrel. Mine has the shorter Yugo barrel, so finding the correct stock (and handguard especially) has been a pain.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm curious to hear how yours' fits in an original k98 stock. I've read that a Yugo k98 with a Yugo rework barrel is 1/2" shorter than a German k98, so they don't fit right in original k98 stocks.

Maybe you got lucky and have an OG German barrel. Mine has the shorter Yugo barrel, so finding the correct stock (and handguard especially) has been a pain.

I should clarify, an OG Yugo '98 stock. Numrich and others have them at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom