• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What is with this generation of younger guys taking so much crap off women? Is there something in the food that reduces testosterone levels?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    What is with this generation of younger guys taking so much crap off women? Is there something in the food that reduces testosterone levels?

There's a difference between "taking crap" and respecting your partner's opinion. Especially when the guy is young, or he has a C&R :innocent0, he's not always looking at the family's fiscal responsibilities as much as the wife might be. I forget, sometimes, that a "girlfriend" isn't just someone a guy is dating these days, but may well be the woman he's lived with for a few years, and she might have a couple of kids by him.

We kid about poverty and enabling, but collecting anything can get to be as bad as gambling. The main difference is that you can sell your guns, if you have to, but not your gambling debts. That's the good news.

The bad news was illustrated by what an auction house owner told me when I was trying to get a realistic value on a non-firearm item that I own. When he said, "I've got guys who will give up paying their mortgage for six months to get that!" it struck home that maybe it's a good thing that we get little reminders now and then--even if we don't like them at the time.

That said, not having a C&R, if you are going to collect at all, is just wasting money.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    There's a difference between "taking crap" and respecting your partner's opinion. Especially when the guy is young, or he has a C&R :innocent0, he's not always looking at the family's fiscal responsibilities as much as the wife might be. I forget, sometimes, that a "girlfriend" isn't just someone a guy is dating these days, but may well be the woman he's lived with for a few years, and she might have a couple of kids by him.

We kid about poverty and enabling, but collecting anything can get to be as bad as gambling. The main difference is that you can sell your guns, if you have to, but not your gambling debts. That's the good news.

The bad news was illustrated by what an auction house owner told me when I was trying to get a realistic value on a non-firearm item that I own. When he said, "I've got guys who will give up paying their mortgage for six months to get that!" it struck home that maybe it's a good thing that we get little reminders now and then--even if we don't like them at the time.

That said, not having a C&R, if you are going to collect at all, is just wasting money.

Yeah i do live with her and I have been with her for years. :) I do plan to get my C&R regardless. It will just take sometime :)

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I have never asked my wife's permission to buy a gun or get a license.... but that does not mean she knows about every purchase I make. Sometimes it's not worth the discussion.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I have never asked my wife's permission to buy a gun or get a license.... but that does not mean she knows about every purchase I make. Sometimes it's not worth the discussion.

I've never asked my wife's permission to buy a gun or get a license, either, but I have to admit that I've done some strategic planning, at times, as to when she would see the new purchases. :innocent0

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    My wife came along with me over the weekend when I bought my last two guns (see "Todays finds" thread). I had my bound book in the car with me...well she had never cared to look at it before but was bored so she grabbed it before I could hide it. First comment after about 5 seconds was "there are a lot of guns listed in here.... I haven't seen any of these". Busted...I'm fairly young (28) and have a mortgage and bills but have already taken to 1.) buying pistols because they are more easily hidden when bringing them into the house (think machodoc originally inspired me on this) and 2.) spreading out purchases over various credit cards and paying the bills as soon as the statements come in as to hide new aquisitions...only worked for so long until getting caught....now we are getting an "elfa" system in my wife's closet......sometimes you have to tread lightly when you are young and have a C&R.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    My wife came along with me over the weekend when I bought my last two guns (see "Todays finds" thread). I had my bound book in the car with me...well she had never cared to look at it before but was bored so she grabbed it before I could hide it. First comment after about 5 seconds was "there are a lot of guns listed in here.... I haven't seen any of these". Busted...I'm fairly young (28) and have a mortgage and bills but have already taken to 1.) buying pistols because they are more easily hidden when bringing them into the house (think machodoc originally inspired me on this) and 2.) spreading out purchases over various credit cards and paying the bills as soon as the statements come in as to hide new aquisitions...only worked for so long until getting caught....now we are getting an "elfa" system in my wife's closet......sometimes you have to tread lightly when you are young and have a C&R.

OUCH!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I know that feeling. My wife has three AR-15s, including a 6920 SOCOM. I have one (but it is also a 6920 SOCOM). Clyde Armory must love my house.

Mine hasn't discovered rifles yet. Now that you can still buy a handgun, she's feeling the need for a wheel gun.

That depends on whether he means catch up in guns or catch up in money spent! :innocent0 :toothless

She's a woman, it means both. I never thought about earrings or a purse to match any of my handguns.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Busted...I'm fairly young (28) and have a mortgage and bills but have already taken to 1.) buying pistols because they are more easily hidden when bringing them into the house (think machodoc originally inspired me on this).

Umm ... guilty.

Another ploy is to never have more than two rifles of the same type in sight at one time (Mosins, for example). They all look alike to my wife, and I get less questions that way.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Umm ... guilty.

Another ploy is to never have more than two rifles of the same type in sight at one time (Mosins, for example). They all look alike to my wife, and I get less questions that way.

:) I just convince my girl that she has seen them before and she just doesn't remember...

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    To continue the tangent, I don't know if my troubles just started today or are solved. My wife picked up here first handgun today from the HoCo show.

On Topic:
    If anyone is looking for an M1 Garand and does not want to go CMP route, I just saw one at Gun Rack in Burtonsville. I can not vouch for its function or it's background cause I just saw it briefly but it looked "well used". $950. There was an Enfield MK4/1 for $450 there too and I think an old (WW1) Mauser.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    To continue the tangent, I don't know if my troubles just started today or are solved. My wife picked up here first handgun today from the HoCo show.

On Topic:
    If anyone is looking for an M1 Garand and does not want to go CMP route, I just saw one at Gun Rack in Burtonsville. I can not vouch for its function or it's background cause I just saw it briefly but it looked "well used". $950. There was an Enfield MK4/1 for $450 there too and I think an old (WW1) Mauser.

Is that a good price for an Enfield?

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Ah... So likely not...

That's actually a pretty common retail gun shop price for a no.4. I've seen some of the North American made rifles priced as high as 700 dollars which is insane. You can find pretty good deals on the private market. If you're looking for an Enfield that's what I would recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom